Small EDC, a ZL with rear clicky?

Qoose

Enlightened
I'm in the market for a new EDC. I've not kept up on my CPF homework, and the last light y'all dangled in front of me to buy was a G25C2 Mk1. I was initially just going to pick up another ZebraLight SC31w, since I do love that series. In particular, I like how it's a very small light, with virtual instant access to half the modes. But I wanted to fish out there to see if there is anything similar, with basically these features:

Tail Clicky
CR123/RCR123
Up to an inch longer than the SC31, and skinnier than hipster jeans
Interface with instant access to high (A la ZebraLight or similar)
XML would be great

I pretty much just described the ZL only brighter and tail clicky. I've looked at the D25C, M10R, and Quarks. Does this creature exist?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Your interface requirement needs an electronic switch. Few shops are willing to go through hoops needed to put an electronic switch in the tailcap. It generally requires making a cavity along one side of the battery tube for a 3rd wire, ala HDS.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a Quark X AA² Tactical and CR123A body, lego them together and program it to come on high when the head is tightened.

400 lumens.

Qoose

Enlightened
ElectronGuru,

I feared as much. Good insight, makes perfect sense. I had a 120P back in the day, and I really liked its interface. Still lives in my car actually.

Looks like I"m going to have to buy two lights. If only they made a slim HDS.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
If only they made a slim HDS.

Yeah. The cavity advances the switch, but has drawbacks. It makes the body thicker, makes the cells smaller (why no 18650's), and increases manufacturing complexity (why they're having extended production problems).