small powerful belt clip light?

PeterW

Enlightened
ANy suggestions for commercial or custom lights that fit the above description. I am looking for a small light (possibly a 1 CR123) that has a belt clip for easier mounting (to save my pockets from destruction) on my belt. Should be quite bright luxeon (3w?) and probably also have a hole for mounting lanyard/glowring/keys. Does oanyone know if the forthcoming Zorch wil have a belt clip??

Cheers for suggestions.

PEterW

chrisse242

Enlightened
Try the Longbow micra with titanium pocket clip from Bugoutgearusa.com. The clip works perfectly as a belt clip and the light is nice and bright. When more brightness is needed it can be upgraded to lux3. (McCapsule /sandwich shop)

Chrisse

llvo

Enlightened
well, belt clipped light...may I suggest Surefire D3?
Carrying on my belt, covered with my T-shirt, nobody knows I had 200 lumen ready

it is relatively big, though.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
llvo, don't mind me saying this, like you I love my 225 lumens M3 too but that may not be everybody's cup of tea. I find that it is sometimes too bright. I like my KL1 on my E1e anytime for general use. In fact it is my preferred choice whenever I needed a light. My M3 running MN11 225 lumens lamp assembly is reserved for special tasks only.

Wrangler

Enlightened
IMHO the SF M3 is a great light but might be too bright for
many tasks. You might need a second light (Inova X5T) for close or midrange works or get a SF A2 with Incand for throw
and integrated LED. I`d prefer a Pila G2 or G3 model
with the LED tailcap for the rechargeability!
For a 1 cell light the recommended Nuwai Q III and Longow Micra are a good choice!

Wolfgang

2dim

Enlightened
Just a reminder that 4sevens may have a few of his amazingly bright AAA mods left and they have twoo power levels. I had the original one from Radio Shack, which comes with a nylon case, and it's not too large for belt carry. Probably want to beef up or get a better case though.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering if HDS' headlamp model might be your cup of tea? It's suppose to be made for mounting on a helmet and has some sort of clip. It's going to have 2-123 cells varible light output and a max of 100 lumens.

If it was squarish in shape and had a belt clip????

bquinlan

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
pjandyho said:
llvo, don't mind me saying this, like you I love my 225 lumens M3 too but that may not be everybody's cup of tea. I find that it is sometimes too bright. I like my KL1 on my E1e anytime for general use.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pila GL3 sounds like a perfect solution for this. You can modify a Surefire P91 to fit it, given a few minutes with a file. That leaves you with 200 lumens out the front or four LEDs out the back for seriously extended runtime. Get Milky to upgrade your tailcap and you'll have roughly a Surefire M3/Inova X5 in one compact light.

--Bob Q