• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SMJLED PR Bulbs In Stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nell - Nope, they all got shipped as ordered; sorry. Email me; we can refund and have you return the unwanted units.

changsn - ooh, sorry, all orders received shipped out earlier today. Email me; we can refund and have you return the 2 units.

wwglen - Yes, Energizer Lithium AA and AAA cells are ok for use.

PlayboyJoeShmoe - Don't worry, these will be around for a while.

It will be a few weeks before the PR222 or 3 cell version get made, but that's getting worked. Right now it's a lot of packing/shipping and testing keeping me busy with these.

These bulbs run forever on 2AA alkaline cells. I turned on a flashlight at 10:00 Saturday morning and it's still producing light. Not real bright, but it's still lit up after more than two days continuous running. Yesterday it was still plenty bright to walk around with in the dark, after more than 24 hours of operation.

I'll be interested to hear what uses you guys find for these.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Order for: DonShock

Three SMJLED PR2 base bulbs

paypal.gif
for $28 at 1700 CST on 2/28/06

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
These sound perfect for converting my son's lightsabers.
:paypal: for three.

Thanks

blademan

Enlightened
I just got the bulb and it is unbeleivable. Quality is top notch and shipping was super fast! Thanks for another killer product!!

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine today too and in a MAG D reflector on tightest focus I was reading over 2600 lux! Its likely exagerated quite a bit by my meter (very blue sensitive, as well as about 15% high readings) but DAMN thats bright for what it is!

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what, I just focussed it even more and ended up with over 3000 lux from a stock Mag reflector and partially used D cells. Thats more peak beam lux than ANY other LED light I currently have!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine about two minutes ago... VERY impressive. Actually, almost unbelievable! I've only tried it in a light with a fairly wide focus but with 2 lithium cells, it looks maybe 60% as bright as by brightest Fenix L1P on a lithium cell. I'll try it in a full size Mag later this evening when it gets a bit darker.

Super big thumbs up, Lambda!
icon14.gif

AshA4

Banned
Got my 3 today, thank you kindly. I forgot how many two cell cheapie lights I had laying around the house.:rock:

randyo

Enlightened
Mine arrived. I have a large dark room available, and tried them in various flashlight bodies (2D Mag, Cheapo Garrity, Fulton 2D Mine-Safety approved), and across all platforms, it far exceeds the incandescent bulb). I also compared it to the same flashlights holding the Tektite LPR-2, since I own 2 of those. It has slightly more output than the higher priced Tektite LPR-2, with a much brighter hotspot. Of course, the Tektite LPR-2 is a side emitter luxeon, so it wasn't designed to be a hot-spot thrower. Even with the brighter hotspot, it still has enough spill to barely outperform the LPR-2 at the edges.
When you factor in the price difference, this new SMJLed PR bulb BLOWS AWAY the competition.
Can't wait to see the screw-bulb offering. I want to compare that to the Tektite bulb also.

Lightwave

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine today - fast shipping! Couldn't wait til dark to try them. Very impressive, they put out more light than the incandescent bulb, and the light is white vs. varying shades of yellow.

This has got to be the most efficient in terms of light output per watt, not to mention $ per lumen!

One is going into my 2D mag in my earthquake kit so I can have days (make that "nights") worth of light instead of hours.

Thanks Kevin!

randyo

Enlightened
In fairness to Tektite, I should qualify my above remarks. I've seen differences in output from one LPR-2 to another, so in reality I'd have to say that there are probably some LPR-2 bulbs floating around that equal or even slightly exceed the SMJLed, and some that are dimmer. Either way, it isn't enough difference to tilt one way or the other. Cost is the real difference!
One thing I neglected to mention - the plastic dome that covers this new SMJLed is considerably smaller than the Tektite LPR-2, which should allow it to squeeze into just about any flashlight housing. It's so much smaller that it barely engages the safety disconnect mechanism in the "mine-safety" flashlights that disconnect when the bulb glass breaks - although I doubt that feature is needed with an LED installed.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine last night, and am impressed! I'm using mine in a PT20, which creates a very large flood with a tight throwing spot and no artifacts to speak of. The PT20 is one of the best quality 2AA/PR bulb combos that I can think of. Anyone else have applications to discuss? 2D lights would run forever, but I think 2AA lights are optimal for size/output/runtime here. A runtime graph would be cool.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 84 cent incandecent flashlight that I bought from Walmart a while back as a joke. It runs on 2 AA batteries. Will this Bulb work in my light? In its current state it is an absolute joke, but maybe this bulb will bring new life back into it.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
adirondackdestroyer said:
I have a 84 cent incandecent flashlight that I bought from Walmart a while back as a joke. It runs on 2 AA batteries. Will this Bulb work in my light? In its current state it is an absolute joke, but maybe this bulb will bring new life back into it.

If you light looks like this one, it will work just fine! I removed the faceted reflector and sputtered it with a couple layers for an even smoother beam and larger hotspot.

This is my absolute favorite outdoor light. The hotspot it produces is large, but the spillbeam is also relatively bright. This makes for good coverage without the hotspot being blindingly bright which is usually the case with most Luxeon-based lights.

IMG_2327a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.