SNL hit a new low last night

bole64

Newly Enlightened
It all comes down simply to this. They have the right to broadcast their views. And you have the right to not like them/talk about it. It is all about that little first amendment right. They can make their jokes, and it is protected under the 1st. You can say you don't like it and want it off, it is under the 1st.

HighLight

Enlightened
cobb said:
If you think SNL hit a new low, you wont want to read the onion or bbspot.com take this article for example http://www.theonion.com/content/node/40525

No. I didn't read that. I wish I didn't read that. First we had the coked out comedy writer. Now we got the coked out reporter? I'm trying to remain calm but the simple fact is that you don't remove the gold fillings from a corpse unless your a grave robber. I don't think American values have reached that new low yet. This must have been another attempt at sick humour by another idiot. I'll leave it at that.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Highlight, relax. The Onion is a satirical site. That entire article was bogus. Cobb's point was that there weas another group using Katrina victims as a target for cheap humor.

Cobb, while I think they shouldn't have done that either, I think it's a different arena than broadcast tv and I tend to expect more of this kind of stuff from the 'net than from TV. That doesn't make it any less repugnant, of course.