So I've just ordered mb subs new light... :)

Codiak

Enlightened
Yes that confused me, Michael mailed me and said "Its only week 10, so we can ship in week 11 / 2010.."
So i assumed that we were in week 10 and today is the start of week 11, anyway i counted up the weeks on the calender, we are on week 10 today.
It would appear that Michael is actually from the future :D

That's a nice beam shot and frankly if the new VB is as tight without flood I might be ordering a head too.

Of course I'll let you guys ginny-pig it first!

whitenoise

Newly Enlightened
I know what you mean about the week thing, as that confused me also! When he said "its only week 10", I assumed he meant he would be getting the parts in week 10, doing his bit, then shipping in week 11. So like saying "it will be week 10 - not long to wait now". I think lost in translation probably applies here!

Just done a quick google search and apparently according to http://www.weekofyear.com/ we are currently in Week 9. It seems like some people though are currently in Week 10, guess it depends on how you (or more importantly Michael) looks at it! Who would of thought something so simple would be so confusing! :confused:

I did email Michael to confirm actually what dates he meant, but haven't heard anything yet as he's probably busy.

That's a nice beam shot and frankly if the new VB is as tight without flood I might be ordering a head too.

Of course I'll let you guys ginny-pig it first!

Well we got both areas covered between me and Goldigger; I'm going for the photon2 body for my VB-50, where as Goldigger is going for the can version with goodman handle.

Last edited:

mbsub

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

the missing electronic will be delivered at the 12.3.2010 (week 10) to us. So in the following week (that is week 11) we can start to ship. :):)

Michael

Goldigger

Enlightened
That means i should have it for the 28th of March for a 30m dive in pea soup out of Brighton.. :)
I will compare it to my buddy's 24w darkbuster...hopefully ill get some pics or video..

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That means i should have it for the 28th of March for a 30m dive in pea soup out of Brighton.. :)
I will compare it to my buddy's 24w darkbuster...hopefully ill get some pics or video..

This is a little off topic but I was at Brighton Beach once...when you say you are diving out of Brighton is this shore dives or do you take a boat out of there. Just curious and what is the dive light other than the viz?

Are you looking at a wreck or some structure that attracts marine life?

Thanks.

Goldigger

Enlightened
This is a little off topic but I was at Brighton Beach once...when you say you are diving out of Brighton is this shore dives or do you take a boat out of there. Just curious and what is the dive light other than the viz?

Are you looking at a wreck or some structure that attracts marine life?

Thanks.

The only shore dive that i know generally takes place is under the pier, sometimes you can find lots of tokens from the slot machines that fall through the gaps in the floor above. You then take them into the arcades and cash them in :D

We will be taking a boat to a wreck, the wreck is still to be decided nearer the time depending on conditions.. at least its a neep tide..so we might be able to see a meter in front of us.

whitenoise

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

the missing electronic will be delivered at the 12.3.2010 (week 10) to us. So in the following week (that is week 11) we can start to ship. :):)

Michael

Thanks for the info Michael - seems like ages ago I placed the order ;)

My first time using it (apart from trying it out in the pool) will be on my Egypt liveaboard on 9th April. Some might say its only worth taking a backup torch to Egypt, but if you've got the torch, why not use it? :grin2:

The only shore dive that i know generally takes place is under the pier, sometimes you can find lots of tokens from the slot machines that fall through the gaps in the floor above. You then take them into the arcades and cash them in :D

Cool :)

Last edited:

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can this light be ordered in the US I do not see it at Golem Gear the US distributor??

Bubblemaker

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Did your light arrive yet?
I'm interested in this light also (cave LED / VB50) but I have a question you guys probably can help me with. Since I'm no electronics man it's probably not a clever question but here it comes. This light uses a SST 50 LED. The battery pack is specified 12,6 V / 9,6 A LiMn. The light is specified to deliver 1250 lumen for over 5 hours.
I believe the SST LED has a max output of 1250 lumen and a max input of 5 A. How can this light deliver 1250 lumen for over 5 hours using a 12,6V 9,6A battery?

Further, what kind of charger is supplied and what is the charging time?

Thanks,
Marcel

Goldigger

Enlightened
Still waiting for the VB-50 head... problems with the electronic manufacturer, Michael has had to go to another company to make it.:(
At present I'm using a loaned Photon head from Michael...

Bubblemaker

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear your VB-50 hasn't been delivered yet. Do you have any ideas how it's possible to deliver 1250 lumen with over 5 hours of burntime off a 9,6 Ah battery?
Marcel

mbsub

Newly Enlightened
@ bubblemaker

Hi Marcel,

i will try to explain.
The battery has 12,6V and a capacity of 9,6Ah.
The used LED (SST-50) need 3,6V with 5A for full power.
The electronic (buck driver) inside the LED-head change the 12,6V to the needed 3,6V.
The total power consumption of the LED is 3,6V x 5A = 18W
The battery has 12,6V x 9,6 Ah = 120 Wh
120Wh / 18W = 6,7 hrs
The differnce between 6,7 hrs and 5,3 hrs need the buck driver and the emergency light.

I hope i have written understandable.

Michael

Bubblemaker

Newly Enlightened
Your explanation is very clear Michael. I Understand it now. Learned another physics lesson.

Thank you!

Marcel