SolarForce L2 find?

warren5421

Newly Enlightened
Looking in a flea market, wife wanted to, and found a SOLARFORCE L2 flashlight. It had a $2 price tag. Anyone know anything about them? No information on the internet that I can find, just a little larger than the SureFire E2D that went through the bushhog. $248 cheaper than a new E2D and it works. No idea what LED is in it but putting an 18650 in it, it lite up and laminated the gate that is 100 yards from the house.

pc_light

Enlightened
Excellent find.
Solarforce made some decent D26/P60 hosts, unfortunately they went out of business a short while back. The L2 will take 6P drop-ins, so there are plenty of options if you don't like the LED in it now.

warren5421

Newly Enlightened
I like it is hi/med/low with no strobe. It seems to be good construction so wonder why they closed the doors.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps they saw SureFire stop selling P60 hosts and decided to make other stuff instead. I have a SolarForce. It has been used by myself and now 13 year old son.

thomas.r.briggs@gmai

Newly Enlightened
Looking in a flea market, wife wanted to, and found a SOLARFORCE L2 flashlight. It had a $2 price tag. Anyone know anything about them? No information on the internet that I can find, just a little larger than the SureFire E2D that went through the bushhog. $248 cheaper than a new E2D and it works. No idea what LED is in it but putting an 18650 in it, it lite up and laminated the gate that is 100 yards from the house.
Been looking for a solarforce compatible head and tailcap. $10 shipped?