Solarforce l2r

aquila

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I´m thinking about buying a Solarforce l2r. I live in Sweden so it would be nice with low shipping cost. Any suggestions on where I should buy it and what drop-in to use would be greatly appreciated.

offroad

Newly Enlightened
With an L2R you will be using 2x AA cells of your choice so I would recommend one of their low voltage .8-4.2v R2 modules. I prefer the 3-mode but others like the single mode or 5-mode.
The higher voltage modules won't work with 2x AA's.

The solarforce website (solarforce dot hk)lists a dealer in Sweden so you might want to check their website, otherwise look at itc_shop on fleabay.

aquila

Newly Enlightened
I looked at the swedish reseller and they charge 134 dollars for a solarforce:fail:.

offroad

Newly Enlightened
Wow, other than itc_shop there is lighthound and sbflashlights in the us. They have good prices and great customer service.

aquila

Newly Enlightened
Thank you! I will at the shops you suggested. The 3-mode seems nice different light levels and no SOS.

Brian10962001

Newly Enlightened
Itc_shop should take care of you. They stand behind their product that's for sure. The new 3 mode with 3 levels and no flashing BS is also very nice.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
I have their low-voltage 3-mode module in an L2R, and it makes a nice solid light that I really like.

I didn't really care for the sharp bezel it came with, so I bought a smooth bezel for about $5 I think from sbflashlights.

It does have noticeable (to me) PWM on low and medium. Not enough to bother me, but some people might find it distracting.

shark_za

Enlightened
What he said.
If PWM affects you then avoid the 3-mode and 5-mode.
They are shocking in this regard.

The Low Voltage Single Mode is one of my favourite dropins though.

$25 with free shipping is a bargain.

zapper

Enlightened
I wouldn't quite say shocking. I find that I'm pretty sensitive to PWM flicker and I can detect it in the low and medium modes but no where near as much as on some of my older, cheaper or more well known lights. If I'm walking and looking at the blades of grass or carpet, on low I can see a little bit of something like a lagging shadow. On medium I can't see it directly but I can out of the corner of my periphery. Either level though is not very objectionable to me. Also I would rate the high output between 160-190 lumen on rechargeable NiMH batteries.

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the solarforce L2R with a 3 mode R2 drop-in that I purchased from itc_shop. I almost recommend looking at the stainless steel flat replacement bezel they sell for it if you dont like a crennelated bezel, it seems like a bit much for 5 bucks though but I got it.

As far as the light itself it is pretty good but I don't use it much. The moods are well done and it is nice and bright but for me the hotspot is a little too tight and the beam pattern is a bit ringy.

Still its hard to find a better multimode light for the price, especially one that is a p60 host.

In this range though the Fenix E21 is also worth considering if you can find someone with good international shipping rates.

nerrad

Newly Enlightened
I have a Solarforece L2r that the clicky failed in 2 months.
I liked it till it broke.

Not really any aftermarket tailcaps for this AA dedicated torch.

I was running a Solarforce low voltage 3 mode XP-G in it with lithium energizer batteries.

mn_doggie

Newly Enlightened
Wow, other than itc_shop there is lighthound and sbflashlights in the us. They have good prices and great customer service.

I've bought a lot of real Solarforce stuff from Jim at Solarforce-USA and received good customer service, too. Purchased from Lighthound and SB also. Three good vendors.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're in Sweden, you're probably better off buying it directly from their sales site. $2 shipping no matter the size of the order, anywhere in the world. Great customer service too.
I bought an L2R for my brother for Christmas and he uses it every day on his job and the clicky is holding well so far. I think I'm going to risk destroying my L2 today and rip that damned glued in plastic retaining ring to see if I can sneak a forward clicky into there. I'll post my results elsewhere.