• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SOLD: Chad Nichols SS Damascus Light #3 For Sale

ledcarry

Enlightened
Fred,

I received this amazing light today and am thrilled to have it as my first Photon Fanatic piece. Thanks for the additional O rings and battery gasket. I could not wait to sit down with this beautiful piece of light art and check out all the unique etching and fabulous shading of greys and blacks that make up this incredible chunk of Damascus steel. I also had to fire this baby up and found that you included a AW 18650 2200mAh battery with the light. Very nice.

I will post some new pics in the next couple of days. Thanks again Fred for all the great work that went into building this SS Damascus series of lights. I am glad that I was on the receiving end. Truly awesome, JM :thumbsup:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Chad Nichols SS Damascus Light #3 For Sale

Congrats to both seller and buyer. It's a beautiful light.

Question, Fred:

Naithawk says they get the stainless damascus for their lights from a US knifemaker, and it really does look similar.

IMGP3315.jpg

Any knowledge of this?

I know of it, and actually got one of the smooth ones from Naithawk myself, to check them out. But I don't know who actually made the Damascus for them, but since there's only so much that you can do when generating a twist pattern for round stock, it would probably look similar to a lot of Damascus from a variety of makers. I will ask my supplier if he did make some for Naithawk the next time I speak with him.

Personally, I plan to etch my Naithawk a bit more, since I find it too smooth, although it looks quite nice.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fred,

I received this amazing light today and am thrilled to have it as my first Photon Fanatic piece. Thanks for the additional O rings and battery gasket. I could not wait to sit down with this beautiful piece of light art and check out all the unique etching and fabulous shading of greys and blacks that make up this incredible chunk of Damascus steel. I also had to fire this baby up and found that you included a AW 18650 2200mAh battery with the light. Very nice.

I will post some new pics in the next couple of days. Thanks again Fred for all the great work that went into building this SS Damascus series of lights. I am glad that I was on the receiving end. Truly awesome, JM :thumbsup:

Jeff -- Good to hear that you found some time to play with it already. Love to see other's photos, so please post them when you can.

ledcarry

Enlightened
Here are the pics I promised. I am sure lovin this light and now would like to share some photos. Thanks again Fred for inspiring us with your awesome work. :)

CNDamSSTailStandXXXIIS-S.jpg

CNDamSSTailStandIS-S.jpg

CNDamSSTailStandLeftAOTHIS-S.jpg

CNDamSSTailStandCloseUpIIIS.jpg

CNDamSSTailStandCloseUpIIS-S.jpg

CNDamSSTailStandAOTHIXS.jpg

CNDamSSTailStandAOTHIIS.jpg

CNDamSSTailStandAOTHXXVIIIS-S.jpg

CNDamSSTailStandAOTHVIIS.jpg

CNDamSSTailStandAOTHIIIS.jpg

CNDamSSTailStandXXXIIIS-S.jpg

CNDamSSTailStandXXXIS-S.jpg

taewoopa

Enlightened
Gorgeous looking DA light , and perfectly well matched with that
nice leather sheath !!

Congrats again , my buddy.

fyrstormer

Banned
And once again, Fred outdoes himself...

I wonder if there'd be a market for a Damascus Killer, or maybe something Killer-like fitted with an XP-G and a small McGizmo reflector?

easilyled

Flashaholic
And once again, Fred outdoes himself...

I wonder if there'd be a market for a Damascus Killer, or maybe something Killer-like fitted with an XP-G and a small McGizmo reflector?

From my experience on CPF in the past, Damascus is popular for small lights. The Orb Da Wee/Raw runs all sold out.

The problem is that the economy seems to be so flat now, that its much more risky for custom makers to commit to runs in expensive materials. :(

easilyled

Flashaholic
Absolutely stunning light btw Fred and you showed excellent taste in buying it ledcarry. :thumbsup:

When I first saw the ad. it was torture trying to resist succumbing to it but of course now I'm regretting that I didn't take the opportunity!

ledcarry

Enlightened
Fred,

The crocodile holster was made by AOTH (Art Of The Hide). Matt made this special holster for me so it would fit a couple of my longer lights, like the Mac SST-50 and McGizmo Haiku which both fit perfectly. I had no idea this very special SS Damascus light would fit, but once I got the light to my house I could not wait to check it out to see if it might work. To my supprise the SS Damascus light fit like a charm. The colors look perfect together and Matt out did himself matching the hides specific patterns to match the flap and the holster body. Sweet!!

Oh, I wanted to mention how smooth the threads are in the head, and with the etching and extra grip how easy it is with one hand to turn the light on and off. Very Nice! The beam is perfectly centered and being balanced it provides plenty of brightness with a nice white tint of color. :thumbsup:

easilyled - I appreciate the kind words and totally understand about the emotions leading up to this remarkable light. I knew I only had "at best" a couple more hours to decide if I was going to make this SS Damascus Light a reality as the sun was coming up in the South Pacific. I also knew that some of the folks like yourself and in your neck of the woods were already toying with the temptation at the same time I was. I felt the time was now or loose the opportunity, so I had to do it. I can not tell you how pleased I am to have bought this magnificent light. It is simply stunning, a work of art that is so brilliant in form and function. I have really enjoyed observing many of Photon Fanatic's lights over the last couple of years and was just happy to have this very special light come my way. The timing could not have been any better. :D

Many thanks to all the CPFr's who wrote in to congratulate me. Some of you I know and some whom I have seen around the forums. It is really nice that we all share this common bond and comradery at CPF and when it comes to the flashlights that we love and that touch us in so many great ways. We are all there for each other!! It's also nice that when one of us makes a light purchase, we know what that feeling is all about and are almost always happy for that person who made the purchase because we just know. We just know the feeling and how good it is to acquire that special light! :)

Thanks again every one, I will see you around again very soon I'm sure. :cool:

Take Care,

JM

Last edited:

k13nz

Newly Enlightened
hi fred,

just received the ss damascus today. don't have a time yet to take some picture. but one thing i know, the light is absolutely amazing. it much more better from the picture. thanks fred, i will post some picture once my holster ready. cheers.... :D

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi fred,

just received the ss damascus today. don't have a time yet to take some picture. but one thing i know, the light is absolutely amazing. it much more better from the picture. thanks fred, i will post some picture once my holster ready. cheers.... :D

This is the SS Damascus that k13nz received:

Nichols18650SSDam-4-Final-3.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your photos, with the holster. :D

ledcarry

Enlightened
Fred,

Great work again on the new CN SS Damascus light. Ohhh, I really like the new head design too. Congrats to k13nz on your new masterpiece. We would love to see more pics when you get some time.

JM

k13nz

Newly Enlightened
yes LEDCARRY, i assume you have the other brother in your hand? your head also have its own pride... :twothumbs

Latest posts