• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Custom Ti EX10's

Re: Back Up FS: Custom Ti EX10's, Now Sold Individually

Donn, upon further review.....on the DD version there is, indeed, a very small gap between head and bezel ring (about the thickness of a piece of paper). Of course, this could be remedied if one were to trim the reflector a bit. In any case, if this is in any way a problem let me know and I'll reverse this transaction. Otherwise, this will ship as planned tomorrow.

Edwood

Enlightened

At this relatively low drive level, probably not.

I wonder if the drive current can be turned up.

It's been done before with a Cree EX10, but it gets pretty hot. The Diamond Dragon is rated at up to 1.4A and even up to 2A with adequate cooling.

The EX10 is just too small, not enough heatsinking material.

donn_

Flashaholic

Donn, upon further review.....on the DD version there is, indeed, a very small gap between head and bezel ring (about the thickness of a piece of paper). Of course, this could be remedied if one were to trim the reflector a bit. In any case, if this is in any way a problem let me know and I'll reverse this transaction. Otherwise, this will ship as planned tomorrow.

Troy..

Thanks for letting me know. Go ahead and ship it. I've gotten pretty good at making bezel rings fit.

Edwood

Enlightened

Troy..

Thanks for letting me know. Go ahead and ship it. I've gotten pretty good at making bezel rings fit.

I'd recommend making the bezel shorter or the reflector. To have as little effect on the beam quality, I'd recommend making the bezel shorter (from the threaded end that touches the glass.)

Don't just tighten it down with strap wrenches or vice grips to close the gap more. The reason that small gap is there is because the Diamond Dragon emitter is a little taller. You might end up crushing the emitter, even though it's quite tough, and has a large gummy dome.

-Ed

donn_

Flashaholic

Yep. I sand down the thread end on fine sandpaper mounted on a sheet of plate glass. It's a little tedious, but works well. Alephs are notorious for this problem.

Edwood

Enlightened

Yep. I sand down the thread end on fine sandpaper mounted on a sheet of plate glass. It's a little tedious, but works well. Alephs are notorious for this problem.

That should work nicely. The tolerances for the parts fit for these Russtang EX10 housings aren't nearly as tight as some other customs, like McGizmo or SPY 007. But then again, they cost a lot more.

-Ed

donn_

Flashaholic
The EX10 (Or should we call it TEX10?) just arrived.

This is a very nice light! I love the UI, and the DD emitter does a very nice job.

:thanks:

donn_

Flashaholic
The gap is gone:

IMGP2682.jpg

Unfortunately, the diameter of the bezel ring is very slightly greater than that of the head:

IMGP2683.jpg

It's close enough for government work, though. If it bothers me, I'll send it off to one of our resident lathemeisters and have things equalized.