• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD HDS Twisty w/ XML 4000k

anethema

Newly Enlightened
SOLD!

I bought this light from the previous owner who said he put an XML2 4000k in there.

The light is wonderful. Very bright, simple operation, bullet proof, with one caveat. These older twisties I guess had a part in them that made them only work with primary 123 cells, not 4.2v rechargeables.

The PO and me have spoken to Henry and he will exchange it for a HDS clicky right across no questions asked. You can also pay the difference to get a rotary.

Because of this the light is provided as-is. Henry will provide the warranty. Here are his words: http://i.imgur.com/9GF5AQl.png

Even by itself the light is fantastic, I'm just using something else these days. As you can see from the serial this is a very early HDS light. A piece of history!

For shipping I'll pretty much ship anywhere if you pay via paypal to a confirmed address. I will only charge actual postal fees or ship with whoever else if you're in a rush. I've bought and sold a good few lights on CPF so hopefully that helps.

Condition: Other than the electronics thing, the light is very nice. Some mild ano dots missing but that's about it. Few bits on tailcap but overall light looks nice. First to post an I'll take it wins!

$125

tmuiXtX.jpg

1kaMSZz.jpg

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Re: HDS Twisty w/ XML 4000k

It's too bad Henry will only give you the executive 120. You'd think he would just give you a 250 or 325. Why does he even have old 120's anymore? I was going to suggest doing the exchange then selling the brand new 250 but a brand new 120 probably wouldn't generate any interest. I don't mind the primary only thing one bit but hate the twisty interface.

Good luck with your sale. Really great price for someone who likes twisties.

nbp

Flashaholic

He programs a 250 to deliver 120 lumens. So you get a new light with less performance. On the plus side, you probably get really great runtimes.

anethema

Newly Enlightened

The email is pretty old so these days he might give you a higher lumen light.

He also said paying the difference would be no problem so for this and a few bucks you get a 250 etc.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened

Since this twisty was modded with an XML2 and done by someone other than Henry, does that void the warranty?

recDNA

Flashaholic

I'm surprised this one has lasted a day! Great deal for somebody.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

Since this twisty was modded with an XML2 and done by someone other than Henry, does that void the warranty?

As long as the mod isn't the cause of the problem he will still fix it under warranty.

anethema

Newly Enlightened

Yep he confirmed that, I told him about the mod.

Anyways, light is SOLD! Thanks!

HKdude

Newly Enlightened

The Twisty arrived, in record time from across the border.

The high on this is amazing, it kicks out some seriously delicious light...smooth, clean, creamy beam, with floody throw. Easily matches my Haiku xml, but a more neutral-ish tint.

Whoever swapped the emitter figured out a great combo. This light kicks butt! Just makes me giggle like a little girl.

Thanks Anethema! And thanks to the nameless Modder...