• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Kuku Ti LF2XT with ice blue trit Ti button.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Kuku Ti LF2XT with ice blue trit Ti button.

Light arrived today exactly as described !! What a beauty !! Thanks for the fast shipping.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tain

Enlightened

Light arrived today exactly as described !! What a beauty !! Thanks for the fast shipping.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great!! Take good care of her.:thumbsup:

KuKu427

Enlightened

From what I know there were a few problems.
The LF2XT uses a very specific component thal will be made only on request, and the demand of this component is not high enough. If I remember correctly it was a capacitor, but I'm not 100% sure (this info is more than a year ago). Last year Steve Ku tried to get the rights on producing the LF2XT, but at least there were conversations / negotiations, but no result. A few month later the Liteflux website vanished and the original Facebook site too. The current Liteflux Facebook site that currently exists is not owned by Liteflux IMO. Liteflux is dead, and they will not come back.
Actually the FB site is owned by me with permission from LF.
I've closed the page since LF stopped making lights.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually the FB site is owned by me with permission from LF.
I've closed the page since LF stopped making lights.
Good to know the FB page is in good hands :)

Are there any news on getting the LF2XT back to market or is this project dead? I'm pretty sure there are a lot people that would buy a Liteflux NG (New Generation) light with this unique UI. I'm proud to have a LF2XT, LF3XT and LF5XT. All of this light are great.

KuKu427

Enlightened

The project isn't dead, it's just going to take a lot of time and money.
The 2XT driver is an extremely complex three layer board and it's not going to be easy to make something similar.
Some engineers I've approached take one look at that board and pass on the project.
Others try and fail.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

The project isn't dead
That is good to hear.
The 2XT driver is an extremely complex three layer board and it's not going to be easy to make something similar.
Yes the 2XT driver board is a very nice design. I found it out when I disassembled a few light engines for emitter swap. I guess the difficuilt thing is the very small size that the 3 boards have, not the function itself. From what I found out (and I did not went totally deep into this LE with reengineering) the idea of the 2XT board and the Nitecore D10 piston drive LE design is not so different. Only the mechanical part is different. I'm sure it is possible to put the functionality of a 2XT in a D10 LE as long as the space in the microcontroller is large enough. The D10 LE has if I remember correctly a ATtiny 13. If you swap it with a ATtiny45 or 85 it would not be a problem. The only thing that is made much better is the battery drain when the light is off. The 2XT LE parasitic rain is very very low, what the D10 parasitic drain isn't in a lot engines. This seems to be solved with the new D11 designs.
For me the problem is only to find a way to make such a small sized PCB design, using very small sized electronic components.

Some engineers I've approached take one look at that board and pass on the project.
Others try and fail.
Shame on this engineers they even deserve the title engineer. Such thing is kind of challange that a good engineer accept.

KuKu427

Enlightened

Yup, its basically its just a matter of tempting the right engineer with a sufficiently large carrot.

Draven451

Enlightened

KuKu427,Let's get some carrot's and get a build together! :twothumbs
Yup, its basically its just a matter of tempting the right engineer with a sufficiently large carrot.