• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT: 2nd run - Piccolo Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AAA with trit and glow

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Piccolo Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AAA with trit and glow

@Tain:

If you are able to do it you might do another run of these lights with L-H mode sequence (and some other improves like reverse polarity protection...).
I think 50 of then will sell in very few hours

I second this. I was this close on pulling the trigger if it was not for the H-L mode sequence and the "backwards" battery installation. It just seems counter-intuitive to have the negative on the side of the head. These are gorgeous lights for sure. I'd definitely be down for one just like this but with L-H mode sequence and reverse polarity protection.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I second this. I was this close on pulling the trigger if it was not for the H-L mode sequence and the "backwards" battery installation. It just seems counter-intuitive to have the negative on the side of the head. These are gorgeous lights for sure. I'd definitely be down for one just like this but with L-H mode sequence and reverse polarity protection.

Same here! I'd love to purchase one in the above configuration. It is a really stunning light!

easilyled

Flashaholic

Tightening the head to the body in order to switch off the light makes it more secure when carried around.
I'm sure this is the rationale for the UI and its to be commended.
When using a light outside at night, I might be more inclined to reach for 60 lumens first, rather than 10 lumens.
Its only as a bedside light that I would prefer the lower level to come on first.

grayhighh

Enlightened

Totally agree !

Tightening the head to the body in order to switch off the light makes it more secure when carried around.
When using a light outside at night, I might be more inclined to reach for 60 lumens first, rather than 10 lumens.
Its only as a bedside light that I would prefer the lower level to come on first.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

+2

But a AAA light would not be a great companion in a night run, so I consider that battery size form like a bedside or similar

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

+2

But a AAA light would not be a great companion in a night run, so I consider that battery size form like a bedside or similar

If its on a keychain though, as this light could easily be, you may not want to use it as a bedside light.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

I already have a bedside light and will certainly not be using this one as such.

theslippyslug

Enlightened

Completely agree!
i see this as a step forward not a step back! I mostly skip through low modes to high...

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Agreed...the modes are fine for me. The only thing I would want to see added is reverse polarity protection

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it is that big a deal to people that want to have low come on first simply unscrew it until the light goes off (battery is not making contact) and then screw it in to have low come on first. This way you can have the best of both worlds.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SOLD OUT - Piccolo Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AAA with trit and glow

CPF needs more of theses, I'd be in immediately again as well if the driver would change to L-H. Perhaps it would even be an idea to use a driver with a "normal" UI, which means tighten-on with L-M-H (no blinking please...), these drivers are widely available.
+1
I would love a normal ui.
Dident like the first dqg that mutch. Seems to be very similar to this light. reversed batt, tir, hi then lo, ~same outputs. Tighten head for off.
To my suprice, the dqg has come on more times in my pocket than any other twisty i own. Needed to tourqe it really hard together to aviod it moving "next to nothing" and turn on in hi in my pocket. And ofcource i had to rebend the spring every now and then to make it work after tourqing it flat allthe time. Normal twistys with loose for off dont have this small tolerances, and usually wont turn on that easy. 1/2 twist vs next to nothing. Im used to normal twistys, and the tight for off +reverse batt still gives me me nothing but trouble :)

Im glad it's sold out. i would have had no chance of resisting it, based on: aaa, ti, trit ,and looks alone:) Even if im not that fund of tight for off (based on the experience with my dqg)..

Last edited:

Tain

Enlightened

Here's a photo of 1 meter beamshot, the copper tape on the wall is 30 x 30cm.
beam.jpg

24 are assembled, these will go out on Monday. I will try to finish the rest by next week.
13.jpg

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

The beam pattern and tint is perfect for a AAA pocket light.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tain,

Are the 24 you have assembled going to fill the 35 that were pre ordered? If so,I assume you have 11 more to assemble before you start assembling the 15 that were ordered in this sales thread correct?

Tain

Enlightened

Tain,

Are the 24 you have assembled going to fill the 35 that were pre ordered? If so,I assume you have 11 more to assemble before you start assembling the 15 that were ordered in this sales thread correct?

9 more done, 17 to go. These lights will be mailed in the order of payment received. In another word, pre-ordered lights do not have the shipping priority. 2 lights from this sales thread will be mailed, too, tomorrow.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the update and info.

mr.snakeman

Enlightened

9 more done, 17 to go. These lights will be mailed in the order of payment received. In another word, pre-ordered lights do not have the shipping priority. 2 lights from this sales thread will be mailed, too, tomorrow.
I hope mine is one of them:D.

Tain

Enlightened

First batch has been shipped. If you have not received a shipping notice, you are on the 2nd batch. The 2nd batch will be shipped next week.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

First batch has been shipped. If you have not received a shipping notice, you are on the 2nd batch. The 2nd batch will be shipped next week.

How many batches will it take to complete them all?

Latest posts