• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT: 2nd run - Piccolo Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AAA with trit and glow

OtisCampbell

Enlightened
Re: SOLD OUT - Piccolo Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AAA with trit and glow

I'm in for one if there's a second run... Thanks! :D

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

If this thread shows demand for another run, I'm also interested in one too

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, I'm in too. 3-30 lumens is great (what it is now).

I think it's way more than 30 lumens on high (maybe 50-60?).
It's a great light in a little size form, no doubt. You'd probably like a warmer tint but actually it's a beautiful neutral white

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm replying directly under that post so I have seen it...making it to take a lithium rechargeable is not the same as making them in different modes or with different UI or different machining etc...just sayin

You're probably right but the driver will need a mod, anyway. How easy will it be? Tain has the answer. I'm fine with the 1.5v different type cells since Ni-MH are also rechargeable and this beauty is intended to perform as a keychain light. Over 1 hour on high is a very reasonably long run time.

Tain

Enlightened

I think it's way more than 30 lumens on high (maybe 50-60?).
It's a great light in a little size form, no doubt. You'd probably like a warmer tint but actually it's a beautiful neutral white

I just checked my 1st post. The output is wrongly stated. It should be 200ma on high, and 20ma on low. I originally went for 100ma on the prototypes, then I decide to pump it up to 200ma on the production units.

The high output is about 50~60 lumens.

You're probably right but the driver will need a mod, anyway. How easy will it be? Tain has the answer. I'm fine with the 1.5v different type cells since Ni-MH are also rechargeable and this beauty is intended to perform as a keychain light. Over 1 hour on high is a very reasonably long run time.

I don't intend to mod the driver. It will need to be re-engineered to accept 10440 cells, and it won't be as efficient.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm loving the light more...a bit of getting use to it but it's a joy to looked at and just the right size for my need. Nice and I will not hesitate to purchase more if there's gonna be another run :thumbsup:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad everyone is enjoying their Piccolo. Wish I could say the same as mine has been stuck in Los Angeles customs for a week and is still there. This is ridiculous.

:sick:

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad everyone is enjoying their Piccolo. Wish I could say the same as mine has been stuck in Los Angeles customs for a week and is still there. This is ridiculous.

Be patient Paul. I know It's easy to say and hard to wait but It'll worth though.

easilyled

Flashaholic

Sorry, I know how frustrating that is, especially when reading good reviews and seeing nice pictures by the new owners.
I'm sure it won't be much longer now.

Light11

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine arrived yesterday,I was surprised at how short it is compared to other custom AAA lights yet machining its superb and the threads are buttery smooth:thumbsup: I'm very happy with it and with Tain...fast prepay, good comunication,the lead time from pre-pay to arrival at my house was 15 days:D
please keep me on your list for any future projects.
Thank you Tain!!

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know these postal services/customs really sucks and can't perform basic duties efficiently...I understand your feeling exactly.

Like you, when I finally got my Piccolo, I know its worth the wait...I know you will too :thumbsup:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

...I was surprised at how short it is compared to other custom AAA lights yet machining its superb and the threads are buttery smooth:thumbsup:

Yeah that was the second thing I noticed right after marveling at the quality of the shell. It is slightly shorter than my Mako, and a good deal shorter than my LF2XT and Univex AAA and (imo) with a much nicer machining too. Great work Tain...

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks guys and I am sure it is more than worth the wait. For now I will have to enjoy it vicariously through everyone that has received theirs. Has anyone done runtime tests yet?

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks guys and I am sure it is more than worth the wait. For now I will have to enjoy it vicariously through everyone that has received theirs. Has anyone done runtime tests yet?

The wait is worth enough!

The quick-crappy pics that I'm posting are intended to keep this thread up and also by request of my good friend Hiro.

(DQG III on the left)

And this is what you will receive (no, the tin box is not included in this run, it's a personal setup for showing purpose only)

Last edited:

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice! Sorry I missed this one. Any chance of a future run? A full knurl version? Beadblasted?

Light11

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine sat in Los angeles for 5 days too and then yesterday without any prior tracking update it showed that it was out for delivery..so I would not be surprised if yours did the same thing.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine sat in Los angeles for 5 days too and then yesterday without any prior tracking update it showed that it was out for delivery..so I would not be surprised if yours did the same thing.

Thanks is for the info. I haven't checked the mail box today but hopefully it was delivered today.