• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT: Ottavino Ti AAA - XPG2, Twisty

JasonH

Enlightened
Woo Hoo

10280 has arrived.

This light is one the most impressive lights that I've purchased in quite some time. Glad I got my hands on one. I think the last one that was available.

Heres a few pics with one of my AAA versions.

Thanks again.

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

Tain

Enlightened
#18 arrived safe and sound.. I really like the USB charger for the 10280's.. I wonder what the charge rate is and whether it's a CC/CV charger, though?

It's a CV charger.

Thanks for the reminder. Are the lights reverse polarity protected just in case?

Yes and no. For Ottavino Ti AAA, yes. For Ottavino Ti 10280, no.

No they are not.
I damaged my driver, when I frist installed the battery reverse... :banghead:
Came home tired but exited to try out my new light, inserted the battery and in the moment I closed the circuit it came to my mind that the polarity matters - too late. The light still worked when installing the battery in the right way, but it heated up quite fast when it was off.
It's now on the way back to Tain, as always a pleasure to deal with him even in such unpleasant situations.
Such a nice light and now I have to wait some more until I can enjoy it in it's full beauty.

Your light will be good as new when I replace the driver ;)

Hi Yitsan,
Received my Ottavino Ti 10280 a couple of days back. Amazing workmanship and it joins my Zenith Ti in my EDC rotation. Already set aside funds for your next creation. :D

Thank you very much for the kind words. :thumbsup:

This highlights a "problem" of mine. I now have three or four Tain lights that are great for EDC. Sometimes it's difficult to decide which one I want to carry for the day. ;)

I suppose I could solve the problem by carrying a different Tain light in each front and back pocket. :devil:

Let me guess, you have more than 10 pockets. ;)

Accidentally inserted the AAA battery in reverse but luckily nothing happened. Had no idea that these lights are not reverse polarity protected but had no problem with mine.

Ottavino Ti AAA is reverse polarity protected.

Hi YummyBacon!
Well, the Ottavino Ti 10280 drains 400mA on high and the 10280 cells are unmarked. I would hazard a guess that heat damage to the emitter becomes an issue way before the batteries give out because the flashlight will not be able to dissipate heat well due to its size. I would say it is probably safe not to run it on high for more than 15s or until it gets too hot to hold. Maybe Yitsan can advise on this?

That's about right. The high mode is for short time use. I would turn switch to low mode when the light starts to heat up.

A.D.D.i.c.t.

Newly Enlightened
Is there anywhere I could find the charger for sale? I can't seem to find one like it anywhere. Thanks

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tain i would be interested in a 10280 if you ever make more of them. Thanks .......

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still waiting for mine to move from Chicago..... (I am on vacation so counting on email notification on when they move...).

I saw people have been getting theirs so I checked the tracking and mine too has been sitting in Chicago since the 1st. Considering thats over 2 weeks ago, I'm nervous as to it making it here at all. Gonna head to the post office today to see what can be done.
I've been waiting by the mailbox everyday, thinking that today it just has to show up....guess I was wrong.
Is there any Insurance on the registered mail should the worst have happened?

andrewmac

Newly Enlightened
My Ottavino AAA just arrived this week after shipping out in mid-December, but my 10280 shipped out a week later and arrived a week earlier! Go figure.... With registered mail there is a chain of custody(under lock & key) which must be accounted(by postman's signature) for every step of the way. I'm sure that it will show up any day now, and it is well worth the wait!!:D

GlenSepper

Newly Enlightened
Still waiting on mine as well. Also have no tracking data - did you receive that via email?

apache blue

Newly Enlightened
Got my 10280 today, as always top notch product from Tain. Great machining, beautiful beam pattern, very convenient throwing in the charger (more people need to do this), and by god it's really bright!

Safe to say I'm really happy with it :thumbsup:

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
Sorry to hear about the slow shipping on some. My latest order was shipped on the 10th & arrived here in Calif
on the 17th. 1 week or twice as fast as the 1st time.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love these Ottavino 10280

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried the NiMH 2/3AAA batteries 1.2v (rechargeables) and they fit perfect in the Ottavino 10280 (didn't like the high outputs with Li-ion 10280). I think that's a better configuration as it offers the same output that the AAA version and the driver works without risk of heating too much.