• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD - The Latest Stubby - SST-50 @ 4.2A

OtisCampbell

Enlightened
Re: The Latest Stubby - SST-50 @ 4.2A

:paypal:

I kept coming back to look at this ... I couldn't resist any longer!

saltytri

Enlightened
@ saltytri

Where can I buy the reflector you've used? thanks

It's this one:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18841

It isn't an easy swap for the stock reflector. The threads are much thicker that the stock flange so that thickness needs to be removed. BUT, since the body of the reflector is conical, it can't be gripped in a chuck so it has to be gripped by a thread or two while removing the rest of the threads. This is a bit tricky. Of course, you could do it with a file by hand.

saltytri

Enlightened
At the suggestion of a wise CPF modder, I made a ring that spaces the back of the reflector at just the right height for the best focus. This will also transfer a bit of heat to the reflector, which can't be a bad thing. I've run the light for 25 minutes on High without any problem.

It's now packed up and ready for Big Brown to take it to the new owner. :thumbsup:

4744877758_7899152d51.jpg

saltytri

Enlightened

You should consider selling just D or C sized tailcap clickies. I'd buy one

I'm not sure how well it would work to sell just the tail caps. Any mod to use one of these would require cutting and rethreading at least one end of the body tube so you couldn't do much with just the clicky tail cap.

SmurfTacular

Enlightened

Not necessarily. I understand what your saying but people could use the tailcap switch as an ON/OFF switch, and the standard clicky as a momentary switch for changing modes. This is especially useful with Der Wichtels driver.

saltytri

Enlightened

Not necessarily. I understand what your saying but people could use the tailcap switch as an ON/OFF switch, and the standard clicky as a momentary switch for changing modes. This is especially useful with Der Wichtels driver.

I get it - didn't think of that. But you still have to take into account the length of the particular batteries and the difference in length between the clicky spring and the standard Mag spring.

beam24

Newly Enlightened
that switch is awesome, if anyone can do or show how u can make it your self that would be handy for others like me LOL

u have few i can by sign me up

Latest posts