• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold!: Upgraded keylights w/26K mcd LEDs

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Upgraded keylights w/26K mcd LEDs

monolith, hideo, JimH:
ppreceived.gif

Thanks guys, I'll get these shipped out soon.

gessner17, brooks: Depends on whether I have time to build them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif However, if both of you are interested, I can send you a PM when I build the next few batches.

rdf

Newly Enlightened

Kevin,
Got the keychain lights today. Nice work, and VERY bright.

Thanks!
Russ

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great to hear that!

Just curious, did they make you sign for it? I paid extra for traceable delivery (the barcode on the package) for ALL 26K keylight recipients, just to make sure the postal system doesn't take my hard work and sit on it forever. Not sure if a signature is required for this option.

I just knocked my first-generation keychain light off the keychain and replaced it with one of the field upgraded 26Ks. Nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rdf

Newly Enlightened

Kevin,

Yes, USPS had me sign for the pkg. Glad he was a bit late getting here yesterday or I would've missed him.

Russ

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Russ, that's good to know. It does create at least some form of accountability for the package so the post folks can't just say "uhh we have no idea where it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

vontech

Newly Enlightened

Kevin,

Looks like I missed this one. If you do this one again, let me know.
vontech

mckevin

Enlightened

Got mine a while back, but have just had time to play a bit.
This is significantly brighter than my Photon 2 (which has just been retired) with both running on fresh batteries. The hotspot is somewhat larger, visibly brighter, and whiter in color. Didn't look at throw, that isn't really what these lights are about (IMHO).

Kevin, you might want to keep looking for a better way to package the batteries. The tape residue is a pain to remove. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Thanks for the lights, I am VERY happy!

Nell

Enlightened

Try using a little WD40 and it comes right off.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Point noted about the tape, I was a little bit concerned about it sticking, but I was also concerned about the cells shorting in transit. We've heard too much about batteries going kaboom here recently /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Thanks for the feedback, if I do come up with a better way, I'll implement it.

Nell, thanks for the tip about removing residue. Usually I use a little bit of alcohol since it dries nicely without leaving any residue of its own.

mckevin

Enlightened

Yepper, it does keep them well separated, and denatured alcohol is what I used. It certainly wasn't a huge task by any means, and this was not intended as a complaint in any way, just.. musing...

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

No worries, it's good to hear some feedback. I've always wondered whether the packaging would turn out ok with the recipients. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

triplem

Newly Enlightened

Got my six pack today. All I can say is WOW! Great job Kevin!

This light blows away the Dorcy AAA and the Infinity Ultra. The amount of light these little things puts out is absolutely astonishing.

FYI: Had to go to the post office to sign for it as I missed the postman yesterday.

Thanks a bunch.

Neal

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

I credit these to the advances made in LED technology over the last few years, and going forward, we're hoping to see even more improvements. Now, if only I could find a way to take apart my Inf Ultra without destroying it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif