Some damascus and mammoth tooth.

T.Rexford

Newly Enlightened
Yeah that handle setup was pretty sweet.

Anyways if any of you guys will be at the PKA show in Denver Aug 15-17 I'll be there. Stop on by and say hi, oh yeah bring some flashlights :thumbsup:

reptiles

Enlightened
Hope you guys like it. The mammoth tooth stunk to high heaven as soon as it hit the grinder
smile.gif

That's a nice looking knife, alright. But the Mammoth tooth is also way nicer than most of the Mammoth molars I've seen. Very nice contrast and is that pink? in there too?

If it stinks on the grinder, it might be recovered from the North Sea. In any case you found a great tooth to use.

Cheers,

Mark

fyrstormer

Banned
Looks great, but how do you know those teeth didn't come from a poached elephant? I gotta think fossilized mammoth teeth would be sufficiently devoid of biomatter that they wouldn't smell like much different than any other rock.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Absolutely extraordinary!!!! :drool:

Very wonderfully and artistically crafted sir! :thumbsup:

fyrstormer, he's probably referring to the stability resins in the mammoth tooth. Knife and pistol handle building material, including mammoth tooth, is widely available when you're on the inside of the industry. There' no reason to suggest poached parts here dude. :)

reptiles

Enlightened
Looks great, but how do you know those teeth didn't come from a poached elephant? I gotta think fossilized mammoth teeth would be sufficiently devoid of biomatter that they wouldn't smell like much different than any other rock.

Good question.

Mammoth teeth are not millions of years old like dinosaur fossils. They are only about 20,000 years old and many are only partly mineralized. There remains some organic materials inside. DNA has even been extracted.

Also the teeth are different from modern elephants.

Cheers,

Mark

Latest posts