Spares Carriers

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the pelicans for storing my batt's in a less mobile setting (a camping box, etc.), but I'm afraid of them "popping" open in a bag that's continously picked up, dropped, moved. But, there is one size (I'll post when I get back home) that will fit 24 CR123's perfectly. At least it's crush proof and water resistant....I just wouldn't put it in a bag, per-se.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the pelicans for storing my batt's in a less mobile setting (a camping box, etc.), but I'm afraid of them "popping" open in a bag that's continously picked up, dropped, moved. But, there is one size (I'll post when I get back home) that will fit 24 CR123's perfectly. At least it's crush proof and water resistant....I just wouldn't put it in a bag, per-se.

Well I have a Maxpedition Falcon II and there's a perfect partition for the case I think you're talking about... It fits in there with NO chance of popping open. I've ridden, hiked, and climbed various terrain, both urban and backwoods and I've never had a problem with one popping open on me... I guess it depends on what you keep them in...

cm_mtb

Enlightened
I have an SC3 that I quite like. It works very well as a battery carrier, and I like that it holds a spare bulb for my E2e. If I need to carry more than a few spares, I also have a Pelican case that holds 15 batteries.

theix

Newly Enlightened
I have SC1 as well. Always fill it with fresh batteries when going away from home overnight.

Here's the picture I took by myself.
Not perfect but judging from the cost of a light box, I think it's good enough. lol

dsc7382.jpg

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I have a Maxpedition Falcon II and there's a perfect partition for the case I think you're talking about... It fits in there with NO chance of popping open. I've ridden, hiked, and climbed various terrain, both urban and backwoods and I've never had a problem with one popping open on me... I guess it depends on what you keep them in...

So the "pouch" that holds it is just snug enough to keep it from going everywhere? Sounds like a neat rig! Can ya post a pic of this set-up?

The pelican case I referred to in my above post was the "1010". Have 24 new SF CR123's (12 on 12), with just a little bit of bubble warp to stop them from rattling...but, they fit perfectly!

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
Do you have to worry about the batteries hitting into each other when they are in the carriers? I just read last evening (while reading about battery safety) that the batteries should not clank into each other, or into metal objects. This got me thinking that the small round tin I keep my various small batteries in is probably not the best idea . . .

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Side to side contact or side to metal contact is never bad for batteries (if that were the case you could not even put them in most flashlights discussed here) you should just make sure that the metal ends of the battery don't touch metal especially both ends at the same time.

bansuri

Enlightened
That SC1 looks pretty tough! Looks like a great carrier if you need serious protection.
I don't get too crazy anymore so these GITD carriers from PowerPax suit my needs.
5mbcyc.jpg

bodhran

Enlightened
I just use the plastic waterproof match cases found in the camping section of most big box stores. They are tough and as already mentioned, waterproof. Holds two CR123's with a small piece of cotton in the cap to prevent rattling. Only costs a couple bucks and works great.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just use the plastic waterproof match cases found in the camping section of most big box stores. They are tough and as already mentioned, waterproof. Holds two CR123's with a small piece of cotton in the cap to prevent rattling. Only costs a couple bucks and works great.

And,...they hold 17670's and 18650's as well!!

ghoster808

Newly Enlightened
I love the SF SC1, for camping, hunting, fishing trips. Strictly LED now but carry a spare incan. just in case. Well thought out, and bullet-proof, and it does have that tacticool thing going for it. The only thing that went was the O-Ring but SF sent me one as soon as I contacted them...no charge of course.

tomp

Newly Enlightened
In the home, I use the plastic fishing tackle organizers with adjustable trays. Works great and I can use the adjustable trays to set each one for different battery types. I plan to pick up some smaller of the smaller ones to carry with me out of the house.

batman

Enlightened
I happen to have only the SC2 which is designed to hold the millenium series lamp assemblies. However, I use it to carry E series lamp assemblies. I have stuffed a little piece of foam down into the shaft so that it doesn't rattle around, but it requires the lamp assemblie's envelope(glass) be stuffed up against the foam with a little bit of force (my lumens factory lamp assemblies came shipped in this foam, so i guess its safe.) Does anyone know if that would damage the glass? I know your never supposed to touch lamp assemblies with your hands or abrasives like a dry paper towel. Otherwise, it seems to be fairly well shock isolated.

Retinator

Enlightened
You'd probably be much better off with the SC3. Maybe you prefer the 6 cells capacity, but a lamp costs more than the cells.

Latest posts