SPY005 & SPY007 projections and goals...Part 2

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is already set as my homepage - I do not want to miss a post:thumbsup:.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The titanium 005 is a black aluminum body light with polished titanium head and knob. Polished titanium has a darker luster to it than chrome. It will cost $550. I am releasing about 20 of these.

The Damascus 005 is a black aluminum body light with blue tongue Damascus head and a polished SS 304 or titanium knob. This lights head will look similar to Orb's Damascus raw and will cost $850. I am releasing 4 of these.

The prototype scratch and dent 005 is a HA natural aluminum body with chrome head and high polish SS 304 knob. This light will look very similar to a chrome HA natural 005 and will cost $325. I am releasing 10 to 15 of these soon after the other 005s.

HV1T9818.jpg
Any chance of any more Spy005 releases? I like the 007 but it's the 005 that keeps me really interested. Especially this one! What a beaut!:mecry:

Rudi

Enlightened
fasteddie;2944021. . . I own a 007 but I carry my 005 every night. Almost all the features said:
But Almost is well worthwhile (no disrespect to the 005):
-- tougher;
-- smoother switch action;
-- much easier switching with the o-rings on the knob;
-- lockout feature;
-- volt meter feature;
-- undoubtably destined eventually for the Museum of Modern Art;
-- what have I missed?

Last edited:

fasteddie

Enlightened
But Almost is well worthwhile (no disrespect to the 005):
-- tougher;
-- smoother switch action;
-- much easier switching with the o-rings on the knob;
-- lockout feature;
-- volt meter feature;
-- undoubtably destined eventually for the Museum of Modern Art;
-- what have I missed?
I'd love to have the lockout, and maybe the voltmeter. I'd still put the rest of the list behind lighter weight. Just my personal preference. I carry enough crap in my pockets. Compact size and light weight becomes important with all the junk I carry.

Definitely splitting hairs here... Less filling!!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I agree with Kaichu, Damascus or not for me, I would love a SPY 005.
I wonder if he could ever be convinced to do another LTD. Edition of 005's for those of us who really need one. When I read specs on the 007 it sounds really good (other than weight), but when I see the pics it's the 005 for me! :twothumbs