Spyderco Manix 2 Sprint runs.

WDR65

Enlightened
What's everyone's favorite? I've been looking at the M4 Sprint and really wishing that I had paid attention to the CTS-XHP sprint a year ago. At that time though I had just bought my first Manix 2 and wasn't really liking it that much. It was a bit too heavy and hard to sharpen to the edge that I like. The flat grinds on the Sprints and the skeletonized liners are making me very interested. Also what's the consensus on M4 steel?

thedukeoftank

Newly Enlightened
I'm a huge fan of the Manix 2. Looking to add the CF S90v, Tan M4, Stag Arms & BD1 to my collection... just have the Orange S30v & the standard ed. right now.

I do wish that they would come out with a G10 / VG10 FFG version as a standard issue. I've never been a fan of the sabre grinds on Spyderco blades.

I would also love to see a White G10 w/ ZDP-189, Elmax or H1 steel.

Last edited:

kabayashi

Newly Enlightened
I used to own the Pink one with sabre grind als G10 handles, too heavy though.

My favorit by far was the FFG blue G10 sprint run with milled out liner, comin in at something around the 4oz mark. That was is awesome.

mag1

Newly Enlightened
Did anyone get to see the new manix 2 blue translucent. Mine is on order, and my orig manix 2 is awesome. Has anyone been able to get one yet?

BobG

Newly Enlightened
I have the s90V, the carpenter XHP, and the BentoBox M4. My favorite is the M4, so much so I bought a second. Have missed the latest carpenter offering but will pick up all the variations i can. The M4 is going to be hard to top IMO.

wnknecht

Newly Enlightened
My wife bought me the Orange Manix as a gift just a month ago.

Nice knife, I love it!

I've heard a lot of great things about this knife! Is it your current favorite, or do you have another model you prefer? I'm in the market for a new toy...