• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SSC P7 Buck Converter

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
This is a really nice build. Is that a diving light (looks like it)?

Always nice to see my drivers doing their job in a flashlight.

dsche

Newly Enlightened
CMAG, thank you, it's 'CQG' 3x18650 with some custom parts (heatsink for diodes and separate heatsink for driver, both with threading), build log (on Russian but with amazing pics:rolleyes:)

Der Wichtel, unfortunately here's unreliably leak-proof on the glass gasket, so it just land force one ) Maybe for one-meter underwater sometime, but no more

iagos

Newly Enlightened
Der Wichtel, I purchased a couple years ago one of your single mode buck converters to drive 3 P7s on a motorcycle, as a supportive spotlight. The project was frozen but now I am going to continue it. Can you please help me with 2 questions?

1. My motorcycle battery gives 12v & 11.2Ah. Is there enough voltage and current to run 3 P7s or I have to go with just 2?
  2. Should I connect the P7s in parallel or in series?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

iagos

Newly Enlightened
Der Wichtel, I purchased a couple years ago one of your single mode buck converters to drive 3 P7s on a motorcycle, as a supportive spotlight. The project was frozen but now I am going to continue it. Can you please help me with 2 questions?

1. My motorcycle battery gives 12v & 11.2Ah. Is there enough voltage and current to run 3 P7s or I have to go with just 2?
  2. Should I connect the P7s in parallel or in series?

Thank you in advance.

Does anyone can help?

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
instead if Seoul P7 you should use Cree XM-L U2. They are much cheaper, brighter and more effiicient and smaller -> better light distribution in combination with reflectors.

Cree XM-L also have lower Vf so 3 LEDs in series should be no problem. But in an automotive environment you should add some protection as voltage spikes can go above 80V which will destroy the driver.
Adding some capacitors and a protection zener diode should help.

antoninodattola

Newly Enlightened
1 x Version A (4-mode): 25 Euro

1 x Version B (6-mode): 25 Euro

Registered shipping for Italy: 3.45 + 2.05 = 05.05 €

Total: € 55.5

OK ?

I can send the info to the paypal payment
in PM?

Thank you.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be interested to hear what you're up to these days, Der Wichtel.

I installed the 2.8A driver in one of my desk lamps and have used it almost everyday for the last 4 years. This thing is bomb proof!

b-bassett

Newly Enlightened
sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but does anyone still have the data sheet for these drivers? i bought a coupe a few years back but never had a chance to use them, would like to see the data sheet befor i start soldering them up