Still using the SF U2?

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the only thing really making the U2 "obsolete" is its cost. The MSRP is up there with the UA2, and I'm pretty sure if anyone could purchase either light for the same price, the UA2 is going to win.

mwaldron

Enlightened
I WAS using my U2 still until I had to send it in for a repair issue. Surefire received it on February 21st, and here we are 6 weeks later.... and I still have no flashlight. Apparently they are still waiting for parts and do not know how long it will take. I'm not so sure a lifetime warranty is valuable if you have to wait what seems like a lifetime for the repair!

That's pretty crappy. My only experiences with SF support so far have been much better, but I have to admit that I've only had a few. 6 weeks I think I'd be demanding a replacement. I don't know that I'd win, but I'd be arguing for it.

David1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Bondr006, I have seen those shots. Looks very much like my Quad Lux5.
I have been thinking about the 12mm reflectors instead of the 10's......decisions,decisions.
Have no idea if Scott has them yet, or if its even too late.

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
Yup still used my U2 all the way up to the time I sent it off to the Milky Labs to get the U2x2 mod. Can't wait to get it back!!

I think for those that can take 18650s, it's one of the best lights out there. Tough and durable, with a great user interface and super high quality feel!