Streamlight Customer Service

MHE

Newly Enlightened
Some time ago I was gifted a Sidewinder carried by a Marine. I really like this light and used it daily for several years. I neglected to check the AA batteries regularly and I discovered they had leaked . The Sidewinder still worked fine but had corrosion on the battery posts. I cleaned with a touch of baking soda and vinegar. Once cleaned, the light would no longer work. I called Streamlight CS and got permission to send it for repair. One week later I received a brand new Sidewinder free of charge. Now that's CUSTOMER SERVICE!!'

sgt253

Enlightened
Glad to hear about your good experience. I recently had two lights that needed warranty work (bad tailcaps). I sent them back to Streamlight expecting each to be repaired. I received two brand new lights in return. They definitely stand behind their products. I have had very few problems over the years with their products, and when I did they stood behind them. I am a very satisfied customer.

Winter Medic

Newly Enlightened
I also had a sidewinder that one day just stopped working. Not really sure why. I Sent it into streamlight and a few days later returned fixed, besides sipping it in no cost to me. I'm very happy with their service!

MHE

Newly Enlightened
Glad to hear others have had similar experiences with Streamlight . I'm not surprised .
So am I to understand the energizer AA lithium batteries will not leak?

chip100t

Enlightened
"So am I to understand the energizer AA lithium batteries will not leak?"

That's the word on the street.

elzilcho

Enlightened
I've had generally good service from Streamlight (though nothing seems to stay fixed for very long), until the most recent go-round. I sent them a brand new light that was flaky right out of the box. The light they returned to me was 5 years old based on the code printed on the body, the lumens on high were lower than the one I sent in and it had PWM on the low mode which proved it was indeed from the previous generation. On the plus side, most of their stuff is inexpensive enough that I can just save my time and pitch a light when it stops working.