Suggestions on how to improve Armytek Flashlights:

FlashlightR

Newly Enlightened
Very good suggestions !

I wonder when we could expect some new models and high CRI options.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
A year later and I do not see anything new on their site. They seem to be waiting until their old stock sells off before we see any new up and comers. Oh there is the new "Zipper light" tiny keychain LED light. That is about the only new thing I see on their site. Kinda sad. It is not like AT's do not sell well.

A year later and my biggest wish for AT lights is once again a FULLY potted driver and wiring. As far as I know the current driver and other electronics being encased in what looks like an aluminum pill are STILL semi potted in viscous goo. This design is behind what I believe is up to 75% of AT malfunctions.

These lights get very bright bright enough to make said viscous goo in the aluminum pill much more viscous from the heat hence the driver and other electronics tend to move around much easier. Near every AT complaint I have ever read has something to do with the goo filled capsule.

How much more could it possibly cost to FULLY POT the AT's drivers/electronics anyways? Zebralight fully pot their lights so why not them?

itsdark

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately i totally agree here. There doesn't seem to be much new at the moment with them. They make great products but the predator needs to be updated as to the rest of the tactical models. Also sort out the quality control. I have had a failure on the predator that shouldn't have happened, luckily was at home and was repaired. However, this is my hiking light and a failure like this could be pretty dangerous without a backup. It is the only light i have ever had a full failure on from anyone and these things are meant to be incredibly tough. Mine gets babied predominately.

Please update some of the older tactical lights. There was talk years ago of magnetic chargers for them and there was a photo released on reddit by yourselves showing it. Hopefully there are some new things after Shot show this year. Your lights are amazing just give us some new ones :D

desmobob

Enlightened
Quality control and quality of components needs to be reviewed... the second one of the four ArmyTek lights that I own has now failed (a Wizard Pro. Previous failure was Tiara Pro). And to add insult to injury, I now have to ship my defective light to China, not to a U.S. address. I am suddenly losing faith in Armytek...