Sunwayman T20C XM-L Review (Pics, Beamshots, Runtimes)

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's more of a floody beam owing to a combo of a smaller head (1.25" vs. 1.53") and OP reflector. The TK21 has a tighter hotspot and larger spill to boot and will definitely outthrow the T20C.

Hope that helps.

Tim

EDIT: BTW, :welcome:

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Really excellent review and pictures. :twothumbs

Thanks for your time & effort! TurboBB.

This light looks well made and sturdy. How about running on unprotected & protected 18650 Li-ion cells?

Flat-top cells work well as well?

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only unprotected cells I have are IMR's and it runs fine on them, however, I don't see why it wouldn't run on any other unprotected cells. There is a spring on the head side (positive side of battery) so it works just fine with flat tops.

Tim

geckoblink

Newly Enlightened
That's an awesome review, especially with the beamshots.

I do have a question, however. Your listed runtime is the same as on the Sunwayman site, but BatteryJunction lists:

High: 438 Lumens (2hrs)
Medium: 70 Lumens (15hrs)
Low: 10 Lumens (50hrs)

Having 200 hours of 10 lumens seems like a lot more than 50 hours. The BatteryJunction numbers for the T20C seem more in line compared to the V20C I just received today. Am I missing something here?

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx gecko. I believe the #'s on Sunwayman's website was for the engineering sample using the XP-G and a different driver. This was confirmed by Sunwayman via the following excerpt from an email exchange:

Me: "Did the driver change between R5 sample and this version? Also, I measured the following current draw on freshly charged AW 2600, please let me know if this is within your specs as tested:

High – 1.3A
Med – 170mA
Low – 32mA

SWM: "Hi Tim,
Yes, the driver is different, and your measurement is within our specs as well.

I guess the runtime of the low mode should be revised, I will check with my colleague."

I haven't been able to get to the low tests using an AW2600 but did conduct the test on Low using the 2 x IMR's which achieved 16.6hrs. Taking the correlation that the runtimes on these as compared to the AW2600 were 36% of High and only 30% of Low and using the average of the two (36+30)/2 = 33%, one can calculate that this would yield approx. 50.3hrs on low (16.6/.33). Additionally, using the current draw, I speculated you can get around 81 hours with the AW2600 albeit higher than 50hrs, still closer to 50 than 200.

Might be worth replying to Sunwayman's thread over on CPFMP about this but again, I think it's reasonably safe to say the 200hrs was for the engineering sample.

Hope that helps.

Tim

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Indoor beamshots vs. 14 other lights added (search for 8/29).

Cheers,
Tim

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
All lights and bats used posted (search 8/30). As w/TK 21 review, unless there are any specific requests, this review is concluded as well. Hope it was informative.

Cheers,
Tim

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
great review, thank you so much! so do you like this better or less so than the Xeno G10v2? it seems like they're both pretty similar

Latest posts