Sunwayman T60CS (3xXM-L, 3x18650) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES, VIDEO and more!

Mrbullred

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know what the average ship time to the united states is from HKE? Or where they ship from? Thanks in advance.

kolbasz

Newly Enlightened
Hi Selfbuilt,

could you describe in a few word the colour temperature of the T60CS?
How cool is it?
In my comparison, the T60CS is the most competitive contender among the 3XML lights(price/value), but unfortunately the T60CS isn't exist with Neutral White LEDs at the moment:(
I far prefer the NW leds in lights, and like to know how far is the T60CS's colour temp from the neutral?

i know, there are some light with NW led, but for me the T60CS sems the best
TM11 - lots of upgrades not a good sign, and exspensive
TN30 - lots of visible rings in the beam bothers me, and exspensive
BTU Shocker - There is no review/experience so far, big, fat(1200g!) and expensive

...sorry for my bad english

Thx!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
could you describe in a few word the colour temperature of the T60CS?
How cool is it?
In my comparison, the T60CS is the most competitive contender among the 3XML lights(price/value), but unfortunately the T60CS isn't exist with Neutral White LEDs at the moment:(
I far prefer the NW leds in lights, and like to know how far is the T60CS's colour temp from the neutral?
As you say, the T60CS is not available in neutral white. So, my sample is a cool white - and I have no idea how "representational" it is for the class. But my sample has a relative "creamy yellow" hotspot and corona, for a cool white light. Note that the spill on my sample is somewhat pinkish in tint (so, more cool than typical). However, given that most of the light is in the hotspot and surrounding corona, the overall subjective impression I have is that it is fairly warm (again, for a cool white light). But again, that is just my one sample. :shrug:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is the upcoming Zebralight S6330 and Fenix TK75 to consider. The T60CS looks the nicest to me but the low (50-70 lumens) just isn't low enough. Now if the low was more like 10-15 lumens....

Last edited:

Mrbullred

Newly Enlightened
I received mine from hke. The light is awesome. The only thing I notice is that hum on High mode. I can confirm that a simple click off then back on solves the problem. Has anyone figured out why it does this?

indenial

Enlightened
I received mine from hke. The light is awesome. The only thing I notice is that hum on High mode. I can confirm that a simple click off then back on solves the problem. Has anyone figured out why it does this?

I noticed it too, on occasion. Also, the difference between "turbo" and "hi" is so slight it's hard to discern.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Following up on an earlier question: to show the spill a little better, here are some side shots on my famed "integrating carpet". :rolleyes:

T60CS-Carpet.jpg

TM11-Carpet.jpg

TM15-Carpet.jpg

The T60CS is not quite as wide in spill as the original TM11 - but it is still pretty broad. :wave:

kolbasz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Selfbuilt for the long waited carpet shots!
This comparison tells a lot about the flashlights!

I think the T60CS is still the best among these three Flashlight, throws a lot, but floods enough.
...and the price is almost the half of the TM15

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I finally got around to doing the outdoor beamshots (main review updated). Please ignore the red-tint in the lower-right corner these shots (I was wearing a brighter-than-usual red headlamp during this excursion :p).

T60CS-TM11-TN30.gif

Here are zoomed-in pics of the hotspots:

T60CS-TM11-TN30z.gif

As you can probably tell, the T60CS is not as much of a thrower as the TN30, but it does throw better than the Nitecore TM11. :wave:

hoanglz

Newly Enlightened
hey selfbuilt, i am at a toss up between this and the the tn30. i already have the tn31. what light would you say has the upper edge as far as fit and finish or build quality, the t60cs or the tn30? thanks.

I think t60cs have better design and finish.
Sunwayman product look so cool from their official site. You will be a bit disappointing if you hand on.

lightliker

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered mine at hkequipment, still waiting at the track and trace number to arrive.
it's gonna be some horrible waiting weeks :sigh:
Do you have some pictures or beamshots?

Just got my T60CS today. Can't wait til tonight to check it out in the dark! One curious thing though...The driver seems to have only 3 modes of constant output instead of 4. Has anyone else experienced this?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
There is the upcoming Zebralight S6330 and Fenix TK75 to consider. The T60CS looks the nicest to me but the low (50-70 lumens) just isn't low enough. Now if the low was more like 10-15 lumens....

I have decided to avoid getting any more 3x XM-L 3x18650 lights because of relatively limited run time. My Thrunite TN30 is a wonderful light, but would be even better with 4x18650. I have the Nitecore TM11 and TM15, as well as the Fenix TK75. They are all outstanding lights and their 4x18650's provide impressively long bright run time. The bodies aren't perceptively thicker than the 3x18650 lights, especially since the Nitecores have integrated battery holders. The TK75's body is thicker because of its screw-on multiple body extensions.

The T60CS (as well as the S633) seems to be superior lights, and if only they had 4x18650 I would consider them.

Brightnorm

Last edited:

lightliker

Newly Enlightened
Mrbullred, how long did it took the confirmation ail and tracking numer to arrive after payment? I ordered it last tuesday........

Last edited:

lightliker

Newly Enlightened
Still no reaction from HKE about delivering company in the netherlands yet, sent them 2 mails to ask them wich party delivers the item at my door but no reaction from stanley(s) yet ......
HongkongPost is a drag to communicate with :thinking:, stupid DTMF antique and failing trackingnumber system that doesn't understand my entered info after more than 10 minutes trying.......

Januari 28
Received a mail from hke some days ago: no info about the carrier in the netherlands and honkong post doesn't know nothing..... 11 days stuck at the border in my country without any information when it will be delivered to me, what a bummer:fail:

Last edited:

lightliker

Newly Enlightened
Still no reaction from HKE about delivering company in the netherlands yet, sent them 2 mails to ask them wich party delivers the item at my door but no reaction from stanley(s) yet ......
HongkongPost is a drag to communicate with :thinking:, stupid DTMF antique and failing trackingnumber system that doesn't understand my entered info after more than 10 minutes trying.......

Januari 28
Received a mail from hke some days ago: no info about the carrier in the netherlands and honkong post doesn't know nothing..... 11 days stuck at the border in my country without any information when it will be delivered to me, what a bummer:fail:
Finally my light arrived!! :thumbsup:, it took the dutch customs almost 2 weeks to process the package!! :sigh:
It looks fantastic however and there were no scratches dents or whats however, just mith state :D
The colow difference on this model is reversed to the situation you discribed, the battery tube is a bit darker than the head. LED's are well centered and this light crancks out about the same lumens as my SR90 although the latter is KING at throw were the T60CS lights up more in a wider angle at say 100 yards. When I find the time, I will make a youtube upload to compare both lights.

ser1a

Newly Enlightened

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
my T60CS stopped working- it seems problem is in battery carrier. It does short-circuit to ACCU as soon as I insert them all..
see pictures:
http://img249.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=891603146_zapojenie_122_557lo.JPG
http://img289.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=895273240_pluscast_122_212lo.JPG seems something is broken??
I use 3x 18650 protected 3100mAh Accu. As soon as I insert them all, 1-2 are broken(protection enable, 0.00V)

thank you for any advice

I do not quite understand the information provided: If you insert 2 18650s into the carrier in any position, how do you determine that something is not short-circuited.

Then when you add the 3rd 18650, what exactly happens?

Can you measure any voltage between the center post and the outside as you insert the 18650 cells?

Otherwise, the little fuse in the bottom of the carrier is usually at fault. It is supposed to open circuit the cells if some contact short-circuited the 3 cells in series, in or out of the T60. The only remedy is to either short it out and have no protection from a short circuit at the charging end of the T60, or order another cell carrier from your dealer.

the photo of the little fuse in the bottom of the carrier is not clear enough to discern whether the fuse simply opened, or a short circuit spattered some solder or other meltable metal.

ser1a

Newly Enlightened
I do not quite understand the information provided: If you insert 2 18650s into the carrier in any position, how do you determine that something is not short-circuited.

Then when you add the 3rd 18650, what exactly happens?

Can you measure any voltage between the center post and the outside as you insert the 18650 cells?

Otherwise, the little fuse in the bottom of the carrier is usually at fault. It is supposed to open circuit the cells if some contact short-circuited the 3 cells in series, in or out of the T60. The only remedy is to either short it out and have no protection from a short circuit at the charging end of the T60, or order another cell carrier from your dealer.

the photo of the little fuse in the bottom of the carrier is not clear enough to discern whether the fuse simply opened, or a short circuit spattered some solder or other meltable metal.

Here is my measurement http://img258.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=915015567_zerovoltage_122_405lo.JPG
There are 3 fully charged Li-Ion 18650 Accu. There is no voltage. Earlier today it was activating battery protecion after inserting them into carraige, now it doest not do anything. Where can be problem?