Sunwayman V11R (XM-L, 1xR/CR123A, 1xAA/14500) Review: RUNTIMES, VIDEO, BEAMSHOT+

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rather than use the OEM clipped-on clip, I'd like a clip screwed on. Tail shroud has a big hole in it, can't tell from pics, but it might be too big for an acceptable clip screw. And one screw won't get it done... maybe the hole is big enough for two screws at either end? Anyone know of someone who can drill clip screw holes and screw a clip onto mine for me?

I fitted a screw on clip to my V11R, as it aluminium so it's easy to drill and tap the holes, I bought the matching drill, taps and screw separately on the auction site.

50384203168_f637d051d0_c.jpg

I have recently fitted a deep pocket clip to another of my flashlights but it wont go as deep into my jeans pocket as expected because of the screw heads.

burntoshine

Enlightened
I just had my limited edition "High CRI" v11r just start working again after it mysteriously stopped working several years ago.

I was playing with my new Jetbeam RRT01 (2020 nichia version) and I was reminded of how my v11r had stopped working. So I went and dug up the v11r, put a primary in it, clicked it on and off, smacked it a few times, and then it came on when I started rotating the ring.

Has anyone else ever had their v11r malfunction like this.

I remember trying different batteries in the past when it had failed. I'm very perplexed here.

It's really cool that it's working, because I love this light.

It has a very warm XML led, I think.

cheers and Happy 2021!

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone else ever had their v11r malfunction like this.

Yes, mine stopped working, after a short fall, it went back to China twice (the first time the Post Office couldn't find the address) and it came back working but I no longer trust it therefore it doesn't get carried.

When it was returned the first time, after not being delivered, it worked but I haven't bought another Sunwayman product since.

BrightestBulb

Newly Enlightened
I don't have that exact light but I do have an older D40. Had some problems with it and reached out to the company to buy parts. Well lo and behold they had no parts so now all I have is an expensive battery holder. I will no longer buy anything from them. There are too many other companies that are better and have parts if needed. Just my two cents.

burntoshine

Enlightened
Thanks for the responses!

I don't think I will be buying another Sunwayman, either.

I'll keep it around the house for whatever, but at home it will stay. I won't let unreliable things take up space & weight on my travels.