SupBeam K40 - thrower ( XM-L U2, 3x18650 ) Review

Dubois

Enlightened
I don't have any of the big throwers to compare the K40 to, but when I went for a stroll the other week with my wife and dogs, out where it was pretty dark, my wife's comment was "God, that's amazing". The build is high quality, and there is no grittiness in the ring. I'm very pleased with it, and I can't see myself getting another big thrower ... well, not yet anyway.

I've held off on the King so far, but might have to change my mind. Funny thing is, four good cells for it cost as much as the light.:laughing:

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it's safe to conclude that Thrunite, L3, Supbeam and other flashlight brands, including some generics, are all made by Yineng China Holdings with neonlaserchina.com as their website. Hell, I can even put my name on their products as long as we agree on the price and volume!

Democratic capitalism, Chinese-style perhaps?

Last edited:

helixpteron

Newly Enlightened
Re: SupBeam K40 - Review - what about the X40

... just wanted to ask if any of you K40 owners might want to go for a X40, as I have to decide to buy one, but it would be my first proper flashlight. I has a built in charger ( apparently with balancing - see http://www.forolinternas.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5539&p=77952&hilit=supbeam+x40#p77952 ) and stepless brightness. Very tempting for me and I hear the build quality of Supbeam is excellent. I'm almost certain to order one, as soon as the production model is out.

Dubois

Enlightened

Wow! I'm impressed - you are certainly not messing about, getting something like the X40 as your "first proper flashlight".

My first proper light was a Fenix LD20.:grin2:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

'Sup Guys!

A new brand in flashlights! Oh no, more lights to collect! :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's the retail on this baby?

lintonindy

Newly Enlightened

This light does not get near the attention it deserves IMHO. It rocks especially for the price. It retails for who cares? But, if your in the US then go to L3 Illuminations and check it out. Find a CPF code and get it for a little over a hundred. My light came in excellent condition and is a step above anything else I have currently. It is a good form factor, with good run time, with good looks, with a pleasant beam, with a neat user interface, with a cool size, and a awesome WOW factor when turned to high and given enough room to stretch its legs. Great, great, great light and what talked me into forking over almost 300 bucks for a OSTS TN31MB. Similar outer shell with even better performance. If you only have a hundred or so for one light, then THIS one is the one to get! For two hundred then I think the Fenix TK75, and you already know my vote if it's 300 plus. Good luck and yes, this is one to pick up.

RBH

Newly Enlightened

Take this advice and buy the L3 right away.

This light does not get near the attention it deserves IMHO. It rocks especially for the price. It retails for who cares? But, if your in the US then go to L3 Illuminations and check it out. Find a CPF code and get it for a little over a hundred. My light came in excellent condition and is a step above anything else I have currently. It is a good form factor, with good run time, with good looks, with a pleasant beam, with a neat user interface, with a cool size, and a awesome WOW factor when turned to high and given enough room to stretch its legs. Great, great, great light and what talked me into forking over almost 300 bucks for a OSTS TN31MB. Similar outer shell with even better performance. If you only have a hundred or so for one light, then THIS one is the one to get! For two hundred then I think the Fenix TK75, and you already know my vote if it's 300 plus. Good luck and yes, this is one to pick up.

eric lovingood

Newly Enlightened
Oh stop I'm getting excited.... Gotta look into the K40... On board charging is the only way in my opinion. I have enough stuff laying around already.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk