Super Mac Ti EDC (2,500 lumens triple XPL)

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
tested my driver on a non-fresh Purple efest 18350 and it was pulling just over 4 Amps. so I definitely did something accidently to my driver than just make it single mode.... how is that even possile with the qlite 3.04A driver? isn't it maxed out because of the 7135 chips?
McBrat, on 2nd thought..
I think ur Mac is faulty & u should sell it to me! Hahahah...

ghos

Newly Enlightened
tested my driver on a non-fresh Purple efest 18350 and it was pulling just over 4 Amps. so I definitely did something accidently to my driver than just make it single mode.... how is that even possile with the qlite 3.04A driver? isn't it maxed out because of the 7135 chips?

Hey Mcbrat, it definitely sounds like something is shorting out and making it direct drive, it could be a problem with the driver or as what dellsuperman said, the current is sneaking somewhere, it happens sometimes when I am press fitting the reflectors really tight or a exposed wire touches the ground

To test this, I normally use my led tester (basically a cheap 18650 flashlight with its LED removed and replaced with red and black wires coming out and a 5mm LED soldered to one wire, to test continuity) and test the driver and circult for problems
- Solder the your driver leads to the LED outside the host, so that is is dangling about
- Apply 4.2v (in my case my tester) to the spring and sides of the driver and see if it lights up correctly, if its still single mode or full brightness, either the driver is busted or something is shorting on the driver itself (sometimes I get this when stacking 7135 chips or excessive soldering)
- If it lights up correctly, that means your driver is probably fine, something in the host is shorting the driver or LED, could be a 7135 leg that got shorted directly to ground, try assembling back your host and testing it again

Cheers!

ghos

Newly Enlightened
Ahh damm..
There goes my chance in a owning a 2nd Mac. Hahaha..

But do check on the LED negative wire, it might be shorted some where resulting in the direct drive.

Tsk tsk tsk, someone got a mac already still want another one...

Skeeterg

Enlightened
I love post like this,what a amazing group of very talented people on this forum. Sweet torch BTW. Congrats

ghos

Newly Enlightened
Long overdue update, mac has now been updated with 4 nichias, making it the perfect high cri now! With the quad nichia setup, I find it much brighter then the original 3 (though it still loses in brightness to a triple XPL)

5.jpg

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long overdue update, mac has now been updated with 4 nichias, making it the perfect high cri now! With the quad nichia setup, I find it much brighter then the original 3 (though it still loses in brightness to a triple XPL)

5.jpg

Ah you miserable sadist, I still have yet to find a Mac Ti EDC, and here you are making your's even more awesome than it was.
Very nice work.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
very cool! since I've got a few more conversion pills left, I may need to make a quad engine for my copper EDC!

D2000

Enlightened
Re: Super Mac Ti EDC *UPDATE (4x Nichia 219b)

I ended up being inspired by this forum ages ago and did an upgrade on my Tri EDC too.

Popped in a H17F Driver and upgraded the LEDs to XPL HI's.

Turbo mode really is insane and warrants the upgraded battery too.