Super Shootout 2 pics and review

greenLED

Flashaholic
Sleeper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Sleeper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Sleeper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Man, I so want one of those! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Crosman451

Newly Enlightened
I've been on vacation for the past 4 plus weeks!! Little or no time for internet access.

The Shoot Out 2 is done I see and man does it look great. Hats off for the hard work and time put into this.

I guess for my "Sleeper" being conceived and built about a year or more ago, it really did not fair that bad concidering the company.

My next version of this will be hard to beat....

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cros,

Your Sleeper is a heckuva piece of work. Unique in this company because of its light engine and the totally custom head. You, and your creation, should hold your heads high.

Wilkey

Crosman451

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Ginseng, coming from you, I really appreciate it!

After building it way back then I did not know how it stacked up to the field of super lights. Shoot, back then, I really did not know there was even a following of such super lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Crosman,
Welcome back from vacation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Even though the Ken5 may throw further, your Sleeper definitly puts out more light into the flood arena. From non-zoomed shots, I think it looks like yours is brighter.

Don't let anyone forget that the Sleeper is a year old, and that it is made to the toughest standards being made from very strong aluminum where as the Ken5 seems to be made out of a lightforce 240. (I don't think they are as durable). I would be willing bet a lot that most CPFers today would definitly choose a Sleeper for their collection over a Ken5. But, don't forget that the Ken5 is still a prototype. Also, the Ken5 is a flashlight that brings new meaning to the word "throw" for incans.

O ya, WE ALL AWAIT THE MIGHTY SLEEPER 2 !!!! (or whatever the new name is) (I believe you said before that you were planing on using a 1000watt bulb next time- is this still accurate?)

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ken-Rad PSL 35 uses up 15 CR123's in 1 hour. Very Hungry for lithium dinner.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is one hell of a consumption rate. Can it use rechargeables?

Wilkey

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Crosman451 said:
I've been on vacation for the past 4 plus weeks!! Little or no time for internet access.

The Shoot Out 2 is done I see and man does it look great. Hats off for the hard work and time put into this.

I guess for my "Sleeper" being conceived and built about a year or more ago, it really did not fair that bad concidering the company.

My next version of this will be hard to beat....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Bakeronfire90.
I don't think your current version was beat in total light output.
In the close up photo the Sleeper clearly lit up the rocks and bushes in the background better then the Ken 5. In the wide angle shot the only thing brighter in the Ken 5 pic was the tree and its immediate foreground. Yes the Ken 5 has a tighter brighter spot. The Sleeper light's better closer, wider, and further in these pics because the Ken 5's Spot is taken up by the tree and its foreground. The Ken 5 is a nice light. Sleeper killer, not by a long shot. That is sort of like saying a 3 story building that is 50 feet wide by 50 feet wide is better then a 2 story building that is 80 feet wide by 80 feet wide because it is taller. The way I see the pics. it is a wash. For pure throw The Ken 5 is better. For great throw in an awesome flood the Sleeper is still top dog or light.

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh, it still annoys me that aircraft landing lights have such little throw. You'd expect them to have great throw, but I guess it's more about just lighting up the runway rather than seeing the end of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheese, don't forget about the Sylvania 5557 (wink wink ). That supposedly has much greater throw.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
... lightforce 240. (I don't think they are as durable).

[/ QUOTE ]
Easy to check out. Take one of each and throw them repeatly on the concrete hard enough to have them bounce higher than your head. Then fire a few rounds of bird shot at them.
Finally take the clear plastic protector and pound it with a hammer until you manage to dent it. video