• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, Z and M Series)

jd1911

Newly Enlightened
Received mine from bore batch N today also.....very nice.
Thank You
JD

jkid1911

Enlightened
I need 2 Surefire 6P bodies bored to accept 18650 cells. I would like to request 2 spots in the next borebatch please.

CPF: jkid1911
borebatch O - #15 - 6P - $19.00
borebatch O - #16 - 6P - $19.00

Last edited:

Studey

Newly Enlightened
We have all of our lights back. Excellent work and service. Thank you OR!

halon18

Newly Enlightened
CPF: Halon18

borebatch O - #17 -6P - $19
one MEDpress McClicky upgrade $22, Brass Cren Bezel Ring upgrade $18, and UCL upgrade $8

Last edited:

CMAG

Enlightened
I am a little confused, I see C3's being bored but list say no, or is this just for batch O ? if so when can I get a C3 bored ? I also have three C2's will a batch include both C2 and C3 or will I have to wait for different batches?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I am a little confused, I see C3's being bored but list say no, or is this just for batch O ? if so when can I get a C3 bored ? I also have three C2's will a batch include both C2 and C3 or will I have to wait for different batches?

Sorry, C'2 square sides increase the importance of precision and the longer C3's even more so. Variations in factory machining make longer C3's to tricky to do well in our batch process so we are no longer accepting them. C2's remain practical and can still be sent in. Some of batch N C3 were returned unprocessed, none of batch O, P, etc can include C3.

PrecisionWorks may be able to give your C3 the individualized attention needed for success.

jkid1911

Enlightened
Is it safe to send in a 6P body that has been cerakoted? I'm concerned about the coating being damaged. Would love to do it as it's one of my favorite lights but 123's get expensive.....18650's are the way to go.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Is it safe to send in a 6P body that has been cerakoted? I'm concerned about the coating being damaged.

I have a beautifully koted white C3 that will never see a bore process because of it. The risk of damage is to high to even consider it. You're better off selling it and starting from scratch. Sorry.

jkid1911

Enlightened
I have a beautifully koted white C3 that will never see a bore process because of it. The risk of damage is to high to even consider it. You're better off selling it and starting from scratch. Sorry.

No worries, as it's a keeper. Just curious if it was an option. Thanks for the response.

Nostrajoshmus

Newly Enlightened
borebatch - O19 - 6P - $19 Nostrajoshmus

one HARDpress McClicky upgrade - $22, Smooth Steel Bezel Ring upgrade - Brass - $20, UCL upgrade - $8

Last edited:

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long does it usually take to get sufficient people on the list to start the boring process?

I would like to get a couple of flashlights bored but if its going to take months then I'll try getting it done in the UK.

Last edited:

Dr.Seuss

Newly Enlightened
[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: Surefire® Modification Service: Bore + Bezel + Tailcap Options (P, C, Z and M Ser[/h]
CPF: Dr.Seuss

Batch #20: 6p: w/ hard press McClicky; black steel bezel ring.

Batch #21: 6p: w/ hard press McClicky: polished stainless steel bezel ring.

(Apologize if this is redundant; not sure the original reservation went through.)