Surefire’s 2009 New Lights Discussion - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

flash_bang

Enlightened
I would really like someone to make a comparison between a 6PL and a 9PL as far as brightness and runtime. And yeah, that's kinda interesting, and I wish surefire gave their runtimes to a more useful brightness, not to one lumen, useful my foot.

flash_bang

Enlightened
cool, that silver E1B might be cool.

also, is there a particular reason why surefire raised the price on their E1L 30 dollars? and everything using the P60L went up 3 dollars. and the P60L USED to be 36.....

Why, Surefire, Why? :(

flash_bang

Enlightened
there's a desert sand brown option for the KX2C, anyone have a picture of that?

steveG

Enlightened
Picture2.jpg

The G3 LED uses the same Drop-in. Right?

ugrey

Enlightened
I keep telling people that nitrolon is no good if you use an LED. LEDs brightness and runtime have made 6v and 9v incandescent lamp assemblies obsolete. Stop buying G2s, G2Zs and G3s. You need aluminum for an LED heat sink.

Last edited:

Bucky

Enlightened
I wonder if the 80/120 from the LX1/LX2 will be noticeably if any brighter than the 80/120 from the E1B/E2DL due to different/newer/more efficient LEDs?

If you look purely at stated runtimes, SureFire quotes 1.5 hrs for the LX1 as opposed to 1.3 with the E1B, and 2.0 hours for the LX2 and 1.9 hours for the E2DL. Something must be different.

Bucky

TENNlumens

Newly Enlightened
And yet they can offer a UB3 which is the same aside from taking three batteries instead of two?

My understanding from the main R&D Manager, at SHOT, the issue was getting what they wanted out of 6 volts. Now, with the new UB3, at 9 volts, they feel they have what that unit needs. Despite the extra length...

Last edited:

loszabo

Enlightened
My understanding from the main R&D Manager, at SHOT, the issue was getting what they wanted out of 6 volts. Now, with the new UB3, at 9 volts, they feel they have what that unit needs. Despite the extra length...

Same thing I heard from my SF contact! :thumbsup:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i want the new LX1!!!, im sorry if this was discussed, but it looks like the Head might now hold the electronics? the body looks small!

also whats with the sudden lack in knurling?

Crenshaw

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it doesn't happen in the land of Dixie, but up here, if you grab an aluminum light from the glovebox in -20 degree weather without thick gloves on, then be prepared for a shock! Even with thin gloves on, holding an AL light for long will freeze your hand. Nitrolon works great for winter and the body shape works better than even SF fine knurling for grip with gloves.
I keep a G2 with a 150L BOG cree drop-in in the car all winter, and even in summer it works great if I'm not using it for more than a few minutes. The way SF meant the G2L - with 80L - it runs great for an entire set of batteries.
Long live the G2!
I keep telling people that nitrolon is no good if you use an LED. LEDs brightness and runtime have made 6v and 9v incandescent lamp assemblies obsolete. Stop buying G2s, G2Zs and G3s. You need aluminum for an LED heat sink.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast

The nitrolon bezel is OK with the P60, but thermal regulation kicks in, which reduces output but extends runtime. For full-power use or for more powerful dropins you need the aluminum bezel that ships with the G2L.

Status
Not open for further replies.