Surefire (10X Dominator) B20 battery leakage

DesertGunner

Newly Enlightened
I've only had mine for a few days. Just two nights of duty use and charge cycles, so I can't speak from experience. Do you have a leaker? If so, from where?

curtispdx

Enlightened
I'll post a picture of it in the morning but it's at the silver disc that forms the connection to the head. A clear gel-like fluid.

curtispdx

Enlightened
Poor picture but I left my camera at work.

idhw1f.jpg

curtispdx

Enlightened
On the plus side, Surefire e-mailed back right away and is taking care of this, as I suspected they would. :thumbsup:

curtispdx

Enlightened
Just an update: I received the replacement in the mail. Super customer service; the only other company that I have personal experience with that was as good is Pelican.

:twothumbs

max52

Newly Enlightened
I have 4 b20s. I have used them with 2 10Xs for a number of years. On new batteries, there is a Lubricant on the contact. The O rings on the batteries need to also stay lubricated or they will dry and fail. This will cause the head to not tighten properly. On my 4 batteries the lubricant is dry and the disc on the battery is only slightly slick.

curtispdx

Enlightened
That paste appeared at the same time it quit holding a charge and it's only a few months old, only charged once or twice.

max52

Newly Enlightened
You may have very well gotten a bad battery. The quality assurance is very high at SureFire. I have B20, B90, and B65 batteries. I probably have a dozen of the various types. I have never had a failure.

The B20 batteries I have come with a protective cap. The cap protects the contacts of the battery, and I suspect keeps the lubricant from collecting debris. I have neglected the O rings and had one fail. That experience trained me to maintain O rings properly.

The fast charger is a slight bit finicky, and takes some time getting familiar with.

Good luck

warubozu

Newly Enlightened
Can someone tell me where I can get replacement o-rings for the 10X and what to use to keep them properly lubricated.

curtispdx

Enlightened
Can someone tell me where I can get replacement o-rings for the 10X and what to use to keep them properly lubricated.

I would assume that Surefire would send you some. In regards to keeping them lubed I never saw the need to.