SureFire 2013 New Products video - all-new announcements

Viper715

Enlightened
Your probably right about how the idea came up. Doesn't seem too well thought out. The ergonomics of using that light with the switch at the back the way it is just doesn't seem like a good idea. I've used my weapon lights solo before but it's always been awkward.

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Dear Surefire, love the X300U!!

However, this is what a high output compact light (with a clip) should look and work like.
Everything else in the high production value video look amazing.

A0166A7D-5932-4B2C-B3EE-53401993DAE6-16748-00000F2C9C29B606.jpg

Last edited:

Studey

Newly Enlightened
In the video, the Y300 is categorized under "handheld", so it's just that; not a weapon-mountable light.

Someone at Surefire probably thought that the side-by-side battery configuration of X300 Ultra made it unique and seemingly compact, so they probably went, "If we put a pocket-clip on this, we will see PROFIT!" And, poof, Y300 happens.

Or the rails are on the bottom of what we're seeing, and when mounted, the clip is on the bottom of the light.

argleargle

Enlightened
Olololol!:hahaha::hahaha: SF 2211 luminox 180 lumen wristwatch. Ahahahaa! :twothumbs I must have one!

mega_lumens

Enlightened
In the video, the Y300 is categorized under "handheld", so it's just that; not a weapon-mountable light.
Someone at Surefire probably thought that the side-by-side battery configuration of X300 Ultra made it unique and seemingly compact, so they probably went, "If we put a pocket-clip on this, we will see PROFIT!" And, poof, Y300 happens.
Dear Surefire, love the X300U!!
However, this is what a high output compact light (with a clip) should look and work like.
Everything else in the high production value video look amazing.
A0166A7D-5932-4B2C-B3EE-53401993DAE6-16748-00000F2C9C29B606.jpg
What is the lumen:runtime from that single cell v. the X300U with a pocket clip? I think a 2 cell flashlight in this side-by-side cell body is not completely out of merit, if the switch is better designed to function in a handheld...a side switch like Zebralight handhelds on this X300 would be very functional, plus you can shave off excess metal from end cap and rail mount. . I would want to see more manufacturers introduce 2 cell lights in side by side bodies, especially for 2 18650 compatible lights.

Greta

Flashaholic
Got some beam shots of the ARC2 and ARC3... will post later. One word - interesting.

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
What is the lumen:runtime from that single cell v. the X300U with a pocket clip?

Mega_Lumens, don't know what the tactical runtime for the Y300 is but should be noted it's dual output.

But the single cell JetBeam RRT-01 specs on paper 20 mins in 500 lm; Surefire X300U 1.5h, 500 lm.

The X300U throws and performs better than a 650 lm Fenix TK22. It's an incredible piece of kit!

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mega_Lumens, don't know what the tactical runtime for the Y300 is but should be noted it's dual output.

But the single cell JetBeam RRT-01 specs on paper 20 mins in 500 lm; Surefire X300U 1.5h, 500 lm.

The X300U throws and performs better than a 650 lm Fenix TK22. It's an incredible piece of kit!

Keep in mind that Surefire is one of the few manufacturers that are really conservative with their measurements.

If Surefire states 500 lumens, it will measure at least 620 in reality.

mookie

Newly Enlightened
Surefire video is really cool, does the military have a contract with them? Seems like Maglite has lost it way and does not really compete in the higher end market,they seems behind the times in terms of R/D. it takes them years to come out with a new model.

nathan225

Newly Enlightened
wow that looks like some really neat new lights from surefire hope they actually make it to market

jamesEMT

Newly Enlightened
DAMN IT!!! I still havent got all of the 2012's that i wanted.
I really want the P1R Peackeeper and new E2D LED Defender Ultra.

Does any one have any news on the UM2 Ultra?
Did they Scrap it or just keep pushing the release date back?

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the new Videos!

Some interesting lights. Really like what they have done for controls on that Dominator. I am a bit surprised that they seem to be using so many OSRAM LEDs. Maybe moving away from CREE for some marketing differentiation from other lights, and because they were able to get a good deal? Notice he always mentions when it's a OSRAM LED, but I never heard him mention when it was a CREE LED.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would take it with a grain of salt, as I don't think OSRAM has any LEDs that can compete with the XM-L...

Last edited: