Surefire A2 Aviator review

Topper

Flashaholic*
Dang, I wish I knew that sooner.....I got a secret Raffle number for carrot.
Don't tell nobody it is a secret. Jeff knows but he ain't talkin till the dust settles or I goof up on who got what secret number.
Topper :grin2:

greenLED said:
Yup, it was the EvilOrangeOne who planted the A2 seed in my head. I'm doomed.

moraino

Enlightened
Now you guys got me going. Please tell me where to get a good deal.

I was saving my piggy bank for HDS....but now I've got to stop the itch...I haven't got any Surefire yet because I can't stand the dimming.

Henry

carrot

Flashaholic
moraino said:
Now you guys got me going. Please tell me where to get a good deal.
I'd say OpticsHQ has the best deals at $150 for the Surefire A2. The "greenLED's CPF Specials" link in my sig has details on how to get that price... or you could just call Mike at OpticsHQ.

Illum

Flashaholic
thanks:ohgeez:....I dont know why im responding to this old a link:ohgeez:, but after your words have convinced me to buy one:ohgeez:...now I have doubts about the light:ohgeez:...gee thanks alot:rant:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guy's are driving me over the edge......... I......must..........buy.......an A2!!!!!

marxs

Enlightened
hehe...are you falling down the rabbit hole already? LOL just remember, its the jack of all trades - and the master of none.

mark

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrot, I just found your thread and thought I would thank you for your review :)

Let there be light.. and converts :D

Loomy

Enlightened
I love the Surefire ads in Popsci, but that was one of the worst :) The typo at the bottom really nails the coffin.

europium

Enlightened
For a bit of balance, here is another less favorable review: The A2 stinks.

You can buy both a Surefire G2 and an Inova X1 (reflectored version) for far less money and get very similar overall performance for about the same total weight. And when one light is too dim to use, you will still have the other. If you want an adjustable LED light, or if you must have a red LED, then get the Photon Freedom instead of the X1--even less bulk/weight.

carrot

Flashaholic
But considering that you then have to carry two lights to replace the one light that "does it all"... it's a much less elegant solution. I am very willing to shell out that kind of money for an elegant and versatile light. I'm just not saying it's for everyone.

europium

Enlightened
carrot said:
But considering that you then have to carry two lights to replace the one light that "does it all"... it's a much less elegant solution. I am very willing to shell out that kind of money for an elegant and versatile light. I'm just not saying it's for everyone.
So when you leave the house, you take with you one and only one light, that light being the Surefire A2? :whistle:

greenLED

Flashaholic
KevinL said:
carrot, I just found your thread and thought I would thank you for your review :)

Let there be light.. and converts :D
If I could "blame" (thank is a more appropriate word) 2 people for my A2, it would be KevinL for starting that thread on the WH-BK units, and carrot for shoving it in my face ever chance he got. I love you guys!! :nana:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
If I could "blame" (thank is a more appropriate word) 2 people for my A2, it would be KevinL for starting that thread on the WH-BK units, and carrot for shoving it in my face ever chance he got. I love you guys!! :nana:

:D :D :D

greenLED

Flashaholic
Here you go, KevinL:

a2sideshotwl2.jpg

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty :)

I still like the flared head of the A2 a lot, pity most other Surefires do not have them. It adds a lot to the light, I feel.