Surefire Beast Mk. I - Cleaning, & also Polarion PF-40/50 Question

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahaha. Already thought of it. My OCD won't allow it though... firstly because of S/N mismatch of body/head and secondly I won't be able to live with the "40" in the engraving.

It's the guts that count. Besides you'll have a sleeper PF40 and people who see it will be none the wiser. Just so you know the head itself doen't have a S/N. The ballast has a S/N but it's different from the one on the body anyway. Labeling on my PH50 has slowly but gradually faded away. It was painted on the plastic parts, as opposed to the engraved aluminum on the PF40.

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's very temping. I certainly plan on taking this route. Also bear in mind as long as you have the 50W ballast, you can always get the PF40 sometime in the future. I don't think the PF40 will be discontinued anytime soon.

I guess it's worth mentioning again, but Pro Light Japan has it in stock! :) If you can get a CPFer in Japan to arrange the payment, I'm sure it can be had quite easily.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is an awesome screen capture. If you can post a few of the other lights it would be much appreciated! :) Just curious but did your Beast come with the plastic bumpers?

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I really dig that thermal image of the Beast Entrope. Nice work! If you're willing, perhaps you'd tell a little about the equipment you're using. Also, I'd really enjoy seeing some thermal pictures of other common HID's is it's not too much trouble. Maybe not in this thread but you could always start a thermal image thread. Thank you sir!

Latest posts