Surefire E2D Defender TIp Down Carry Clip???

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys i just got a Surfire E2D Defender 200 lumen version and i was wondering if i can get a clip to carry it tip down like the new 500 version. I don't like carrying it tip up because the head sticks out to much. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, easy fix. Order one of the newer 2 way SF clips. It will fit right on and give you that option. If you don't understand what I am saying, google images. Shoot, I think you can even order it from the Replacement Parts section of SF for free? Give it a check.

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
Hey thank you!!! I got this Surefire for 50 dollars, slightly used, and i was just bummed out about the clip. Are those 2 way clips universal on all Surefire lights or does it have a specific Item number?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
They (all clips) are more or less universal on the E Series lights. Make sure when you change it you also change out the small black piece of plastic. You can contact SF and they will send you a new one for free. They don't always have the two way clip available. In that case you have to buy it. But no big deal. $50 sounds like a good deal. Also, there are some ways to remove the old clip. I use string. It just slips in and out. With practice it is easy. I just caution you that after you do it a few times, it will wear out the small black piece of plastic.

I have added a tiny tiny drop of gel super glue or 5 min epoxy to worn out ones to make them snug again. But, I am not glueing them in, just put a drop on it, let it dry, then reinstall as normal.

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to email them or call them. I removed the clip one time but also had to remove the o-ring. i noticed the clip felt a little lose, guess the little black pastice part wore out a little.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, I forgot, take the oring off. LOL When you order a new one, they usually have the black plastic piece in the package. If not, use the aforementioned method.

Edit: I just looked up the clip you need and they show it on the Replacement Parts section. Go there and fill out the forum. They will send it out to you free. You will need to make a second order to get the "Belt Clip Top Insert". That is their fancy way of saying black plastic piece. Then you are all set. For free. It takes about 2 weeks shipping. You will also get a cool Business card from who ever packs it up and ships it. lol

While you have it apart, its a good idea to clean & lube the threads. Don't use products like WD-40 ok. I like to use Frog Lube, or Ballistol.

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
So I got the 2 way clip finally in the mail today. I installed it but forgot to put the black little plastic piece inside..it's really hard to pop the clip back out again...my question is...what is the purpose of the little black plastic piece ??? The New 2 way clip feels really snug.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the purpose of the black plastic insert is to provide additional support surface for the o-ring.

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
I thought it was to support the original clip...this new clip feels sturdy without that little piece.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure the black piece is to support the clip. But I have noticed on the newer clips the part that slides in is slightly wider. Making it more snug. Therefore you don't have to rely so much on the plastic retention clip.

But, glad to hear it works well for you either way!

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
Ahh thank you....I kind of have an ocd problem n I wasn't comfortable lol. The New clip is really hard to push out I'm scared of bending it while forcing it out...I guess I'll just save the two little black pieces since they did send me a new one with the clip, like you told me they we're.

Latest posts