Surefire L6 LumaMax LED Flashlight

militia_bob

Newly Enlightened
I placed an order through their website yesterday and got an email with a tracking number this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive. :naughty:

I've had minor problems with my orders before, but for the most part I am happy with their service. Maybe luck of the draw?

A friend of mine though, will never order anything from them again. Twice they did not ship as promised.

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
John - Thank you so much for pointing this out!

Time on Order e-mail confirmation 12:59pm - today
Time on Shipping e-mail confirmation 1:52pm - today

If true, they had it out the door (or let's be serious) or waiting to be picked up, with a tracking number, in less than one hour.

Pretty first rate, if it arrives.

EricMack

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be cautious until I see the real thing here in my hand, but I am excited about it. I just couldn't resist for 149.99 delivered! :naughty:

Zephyr

Enlightened
I actually ordered one of these things from Botach few minutes ago and the customer rep that helped me out was soooooo nice and helpful. I ordered online, called this customer rep and told me that it's shipping out today. Hopefully I should receive it by tomorrow. All of this was done in under 10 mins.!! I was surprised on how fast and smooth the transaction went. But, I do get my days of frustrations with them. I guess today is not one of them....

Varmint1

Newly Enlightened
I have never personally ordered anything from them.

That being said, I would never order anything from them. Another board I frequent (Glocktalk) is riddled with horror stories about Botach.

billvan

Newly Enlightened
Has anybody got their's yet? I ordered one Tuesday, went back to site Wed. and they're not listed anymore! Guess they sold out. Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow so I'm going to go stand at the curb until it gets here
:wave:

Last edited:

militia_bob

Newly Enlightened
:rock:

I just got my L6 today. Everything looks great. What an awesome deal for an L6.

Thanks john2551 for the heads up.:)

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they have that kind of deal on an L4 some day. I wanted to jump on the L6, but it's larger than what I really wanted (L4).

billvan

Newly Enlightened
militia_bob said:
:rock:

I just got my L6 today. Everything looks great. What an awesome deal for an L6.

Thanks john2551 for the heads up.:)

Bob,

How's the throw or have you had a chance to check it?(daylight)

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see some arrived! Mine's not due till Monday according to UPS. You guys live out West or something? I think the free ground shipping must be by horse and buggy!

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob, glad you got yours ok. Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow as well. I am looking forward to it. When I called them about some different items the other day, I asked about the L4, L5. All they would say is that we should check their flashlight section often as we might see "similarly interesting things soon". I guess I will just watch and see then.

militia_bob

Newly Enlightened
billvan said:
Bob,

How's the throw or have you had a chance to check it?(daylight)

Just got the L6 at 10am today, so not able to check out the throw. But just by shining it under my dark desk, I can see that the center hot spot is tighter and brighter compared to my U2 and L4.

EricMak said:
You guys live out West or something?

Ya, I'm in California too. 400 miles up North. :)

Zephyr

Enlightened
I got my L6 yesterday and everything looks fine except for one thing, and that is there's fingerprint/smudge on the inside lens of the flashlight and the lanyard is missing. I called Surefire and ask if they can fix it for me. They said it's going to take 4 weeks for it to get it repaired. I called Botach and they don't have any more in stock and I don't think they will ever have these things in stock anymore. So, I'm not sure what to do. I guess, I should just leave it as it is? What do you guys think? I mean, for the price, it's still a good deal.

militia_bob

Newly Enlightened
Zephyr said:
I got my L6 yesterday and everything looks fine except for one thing, and that is there's fingerprint/smudge on the inside lens of the flashlight and the lanyard is missing. I called Surefire and ask if they can fix it for me. They said it's going to take 4 weeks for it to get it repaired. I called Botach and they don't have any more in stock and I don't think they will ever have these things in stock anymore. So, I'm not sure what to do. I guess, I should just leave it as it is? What do you guys think? I mean, for the price, it's still a good deal.

The box on mine looked a little roughed up and the flashlight was a little "dusty" but after dusting it off and checking for scratches and scuff marks. I didn't find any flaws it looks like it is a brand new unit. My first impression when I saw the flashlight was that it might have been a refurb or old stock. But I think it just got knocked around during shipping.

I thought that my lanyard was missing too. Look under the cardboard insert. Mine was hiding at the base of the insert. In the little flap area.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Enlightened
militia_bob said:
The box on mine looked a little roughed up and the flashlight was a little "dusty" but after dusting it off, it looks like a new unit. My first impression was that it might have been a refurb or old stock. But I think it got knocked around during shipping.

I thought that my lanyard was missing too. Look under the cardboard insert. Mine was hiding at the base of the insert.

Yeah, my box was pretty much all beaten up too. I'm not sure if mine is a brand new unit.

Dope! I'm so stupid. I totally forgot to look under the cardboard insert. Thanks Bob! I found my lanyard! YES!

billvan

Newly Enlightened
militia_bob said:
The box on mine looked a little roughed up and the flashlight was a little "dusty" but after dusting it off and checking for scratches and scuff marks. I didn't find any flaws it looks like it is a brand new unit. My first impression when I saw the flashlight was that it might have been a refurb or old stock. But I think it just got knocked around during shipping.

I thought that my lanyard was missing too. Look under the cardboard insert. Mine was hiding at the base of the insert. In the little flap area.

Unlike some others, I've always had good service from Botach and I've purchased alot os stuff from them. If I was to complain about anything, it would be on the packing (or lack of). They seem to throw it in a envelope and then UPS kickes it around for a few days making sure they crush the contents (box). I wish they would use hard packing instead of the envelopes and that was when I had to pay for shipping. Now that they have free shipping if purchase is over $100... I'm a little nervous.

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
Many times I've told my wife to "just shoot me" if I ever ordered anything from Botach again...

I guess I'll need to put on my bulletproof jacket...UPS says my L6 will be arriving tomorrow... :ohgeez:

jb