SureFire M6 rechargeable options – SHOOTOUT (Part 2)

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tried some LF bulbs but as I said I was really inclined to go WELL beyond 1000lm with this reflector, which means 5+ amps at 2x or 3x 3.7V

Now it just occurred to me that the are now plenty of 10A 18350 cells around, so I might try a 12V bulb with 4x18350 in a 2x18650 adapter. there are good 50W ones. And some of them are axial, and trust my word - as soon as you have tried an axial bulb you would never look back

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sounds interesting, please keep us updated on your 18350 experiments :). I am searching for options where I can "stockpile" the bulbs. I have zero right now and hunting down some WA1185 / WA1111 + being located in Europe makes this a no-go for me, it's too much of a hassle and then I have regrets of burning rare bulbs which I may never find again. That's what I am looking at LF right now, they are expensive but readily available. The bulb life is 20 hours so they will serve me a long time.
I don't have any experience with axial bulbs and 50W sounds crazy :-D, but if you can find some setup that works for 15-20 minutes and doesn't melt the whole light or the battery holder, then this would be interesting.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF member chillin has posted his experience using 1909 bulb (which is a 60W) in a lego of a 3x 18650 leef body and stock m6 head, so you may find that reading useful.

these bulbs are still available from fivemega as well as the leef bodies

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I will look into that. 3x 18650 Leef is too long. I like the M6 form factor. I wish 3x 18650 would fit :( (yes I know about the FM Megalenium but I don't like the looks of it and I prefer original SF). I had a 2x18650 Leef (why did I sell it :ohgeez:) and that was fine, but M6 is better with cells side by side.

FNG

Enlightened
Nice bump. I'll have to go back and read all the replies to see if I can do anything to modernize my M6.