• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Surefire X300vn Ultra - 1st V54 Weaponlight

kj2

Flashaholic
Cool light! :D but am not allowed to carry a fire-weapon here.. Any light that would fit on a knife? ;)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Come to think about it. it would be nice to have a bowie knife with a built in flashlight....LOL

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I got at least 3 email requests to make similar light but with a more budget host as Surefires are too expensive...Any good host suggestions are welcome.

I choose Surefires because I like build quality and the switching mechanism. It's one light I feel I can't go cheap on.

weed099

Newly Enlightened
I don't think I can pass this up. I don't know how Vinh is selling this at this price. I think someone needs to block Vinh's internet access to what the X300 sells for on most sites.

I currently have a 160 lumen Streamlight TLR1s. I actually only paid $80 for new I'd love to see it Vinh'ed out.

Any idea of lumen output on this X300 with the XHP50?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I don't think I can pass this up. I don't know how Vinh is selling this at this price. I think someone needs to block Vinh's internet access to what the X300 sells for on most sites.

I currently have a 160 lumen Streamlight TLR1s. I actually only paid $80 for new I'd love to see it Vinh'ed out.

Any idea of lumen output on this X300 with the XHP50?

Where to buy for $80 new? I want to try one.

My guess output is about 1200-1500 OTF

weed099

Newly Enlightened
1200 sweet! I picked it up on Black Friday sale from Primaryarms.com. Shortly after that the 300 lumen model came out then the 620 lumen HL model. The 300 lumen model is currently $109.99 from them

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
1200 sweet! I picked it up on Black Friday sale from Primaryarms.com. Shortly after that the 300 lumen model came out then the 620 lumen HL model. The 300 lumen model is currently $109.99 from them

I tear out all the gust so whatever is the cheapest host will do :)

I see on Ebay it's about $100...Not sure how the beam will turn out but that is 1/2 the price of the Surefire X300 on ebay

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Just looked at UI I like surefires press forward for momentary more...

texas cop

Enlightened
The TLR1 at 160 lumens I believe was the older bulb style. Currently http://www.lapolicegear.com/streamlight-weapon-lights.html has several types. The TLR-1 300 lumen being 99.99. The slightly longer in the head area TLR-1 HP 630 lumen at $119.99. I use cheap single cell Chinese weapon lights for rat spotting. For real weapon lights currently SureFire and Streamlight are it. I'm not sure how much room you need in there but Streamlight is smaller. Good side note Streamlight does mount easier and can even be rolled on or off where as the Surefire can only be slid on and off. Vinh, for a rifle light you might try the smaller XM-L's and XP-L's for throw. Red and Green are also the new "in" lights for hog hunting. I hope this helps.

weed099

Newly Enlightened
Vinh is there any way to program these weapon lights so they only have 2 groups? Something like 100%, then around 30%. Nothing else. I'm interested in this X300 and have been wanting one of your P60s for a Surefire Scout. 1200 lumens is awesome outdoors, but too much indoors clearing a small apartment. I'd love to have 100% outdoors, then be able to have a single lower setting for going indoors and not have it accidentally jump to 100% while using the momentary switch inside.