Surface controlled underwater dive light

owent

Newly Enlightened
Good day all some questions for the experienced light builders out there.

Mission is to build an underwater light that will be supplied by a surface power unit with option to dim.

As i am not that experienced i have some things i need to clear up.

1 What is the maximum lumens that can be extracted from a cree MC-E

2 The LED will be in a housing with up to 250 meters of wire up to the surface unit will there be any significant voltage drop over that length of wire.

3 What would be the best driver to use i was thinking a Hyperflex from task LED will one be enough to power the mce to its max or would more be needed.

4 Would it work having the driver mounted in the surface unit driving the LED 250 meters away will this be a problem or does the driver need to be near the LED.

5 Power supply will be 250v ac stepped down to around 24v dc, can some one tell me what supply would be needed to drive this unit.

6 I see that the mce can take 700ma per die does this mean in series i will be needing a driver capable of putting out 2400ma to get max brightness out of the mce.

sorry my understanding on this subject is still limited.

7 I will be needing a potentiometer to be able to control the brightness any ideas?

Basically the light is driven and controlled from the surface unit by the operator.

Any input, advice, science diagrams would be appreciated.