• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

T6vn - Favorite High Output Thrower

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
This defect was out of your hands anyways, and if the performance isn't affected, which was what we paid you for, I'm also ok with it, and I'd still want mine as well.

With that said are all the T6vns you got in have imperfections on the reflectors? Or just a few or a majority of them? I guess they tried to cut cost on quality control to make the T6 a lot cheaper then its competitors, the TK75 & TM16GT. That sucks, but oh well. Maybe you can charge people if they want the top colored tho? If some people want it.

Vinh do you know if the reflector is the same size as the one in the TM16GTvn? Thinking of either seeing if I can swap them out to make the T6 look nicer and find a way to maybe buy a replacement reflector for the TM16GTvn from somewhere if it's that much of an eyesore.

So how far along are you modding all the T6vn? Any changes or unexpected surprises? When do you think you will start sending out your first batch of orders? And I'm curious how many orders for the T6vn did you get, I bet a lot.

Last edited:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
I for one, am not worried one bit. Whatever comes out of Vinh's shop is amazing with no real flaws that would affect performance.

+1. No worries here either. I am not buying the light because it's pretty ( not that anyone will notice anyway). If it affects performance then it won't leave vinh's.

Saul Good

Enlightened
Vinh you should come up with new terminology for "imperfections" in these reflectors. Maybe call it a reflector with "beam blending qualities", or "unique markings", or my personal favorite would be "manly swirls".

Saul Good

Enlightened
As long as the manly-swirled T6vn fulfills my reasons for buying it, I don't care if the reflector looks like aluminum foil - I'm still in :)

Yeah! 6300 lumens and 430kcd (!!!) Less than 1 year ago I would never have guessed that there would be a (smaller!) light with DOUBLE the output of the legendary TK75vnKT, while increasing intensity by 90kcd!

Edit: Rough figures^^. My point is that it's twice as bright and throws farther.

Last edited:

swink

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, newbie here. Hope you can entertain a novice question. So does the t6vn have almost double the max throw of the stock t6?

Saul Good

Enlightened
Hey everyone, newbie here. Hope you can entertain a novice question. So does the t6vn have almost double the max throw of the stock t6?

Yes. It's well over than 3 times as intense, and throw literally doubles.

Saul Good

Enlightened
Interesting that Jetbeams cd rating doesn't add up to the throw they claim of 750 meters. At least by ANSI standards.. I did notice they say "peak" beam distance.

Should be 690 m vs Vinh's (conservative) 1310 m.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This defect was out of your hands anyways, and if the performance isn't affected, which was what we paid you for, I'm also ok with it, and I'd still want mine as well.

With that said are all the T6vns you got in have imperfections on the reflectors? Yes
Or just a few or a majority of them?
I guess they tried to cut cost on quality control to make the T6 a lot cheaper then its competitors, the TK75 & TM16GT. That sucks, but oh well. Maybe you can charge people if they want the top colored tho? If some people want it.

Vinh do you know if the reflector is the same size as the one in the TM16GTvn? Not sure yet
Thinking of either seeing if I can swap them out to make the T6 look nicer and find a way to maybe buy a replacement reflector for the TM16GTvn from somewhere if it's that much of an eyesore.

So how far along are you modding all the T6vn? 1st batch ships Monday. About 10 of them.
Any changes or unexpected surprises? They take too long to build! Much tougher than TK75vnQ and TM16GTvn but less profit LOL. I still liek this light more even with imperfect reflectors.
When do you think you will start sending out your first batch of orders? And I'm curious how many orders for the T6vn did you get, I bet a lot. Over 35 so far

swink

Newly Enlightened
I would be able to get the stock t6 for a hundred less than the t6vn but I still believe the vn would be worth the extra money. Agree?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be able to get the stock t6 for a hundred less than the t6vn but I still believe the vn would be worth the extra money. Agree?
My answer would be, "Absolutely."
Every time you turn on that stock light, you're going to be asking yourself, "I wonder how much nicer, brighter Vinh's light would have been. And I'll bet with his light, I would be looking at that tower I know is out there, but can't see with this crummy stock light."
😉

DeeFff

Newly Enlightened
+1 to what MAD777 said.

Absolightly! Luxactly!

Of course if you want a truly objective answer, you probably shouldn't ask that in Vinh's subforums :devil:

swink

Newly Enlightened
Ok, it didn't take much to convince me. I'm sold. Make that 36 orders. My first Vinh light! Yeah! Though it looks like it might be a while before one can be shipped. They say patience is a virtue. Does that mean I'll be virtuous if I can wait?

ven

Flashaholic
Ok, it didn't take much to convince me. I'm sold. Make that 36 orders. My first Vinh light! Yeah! Though it looks like it might be a while before one can be shipped. They say patience is a virtue. Does that mean I'll be virtuous if I can wait?

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party: no turning back now!!! Best way to fill your waiting time is looking for your next vinh light...........its going to happen, so may as well start now :laughing:

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
image_2.jpeg~original

Just found this new additional panel they seemed to just rush and add to their T6 product description website, and found it really funny Jetbeam took a not so subtle jab at Fenix's TK75. Considering all the praise we have been giving it here, and the timing of this new product ad, think Jetbeam's marketing department lurks on CPF much? It would have been even more out of hand if they had the Nitecore TM16 or TM16GT blurred out along next to the T6 as well, lol.