tactical flashlight holsters

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
just a little addition. Here is the BH holster on my serpa paddle. this works well for when I wear shorts or pants without a belt. Again another reason I do not like flashlight pouches or holsters that REQUIRE a belt.
Interesting idea making a flashlight holster with a paddle. Didn't figure there would be a big market for such a thing, but it makes sense.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very, very nice holsters I wasn't aware of!!

lightsolo

Newly Enlightened
I use the BH holster and the Surefire V70 holster. But the BH holster is my favorite, it holds many different brands of lights of 1 inch dia. bezel up or down. Whereas the SF can be limited in the bezel down configuration.

There is another holster on the market made by Brite-Strike called the Roto-loc Articulating Tactical Holster that might be a better design. Does anyone have one? Any thoughts?

Xacto

Enlightened
Since this thread from 2008 has already been resurrected in 2010, I am shamelessly bringing it up just once again.

I started EDC'ing my Surefire Z2 just recently, so far mostly in my outer coat pocket. But I feel the need for a holster. I bought a Surefire V70 back in 2008 together with my first 6PL, but it tends to leave marks in the lights. Since my lights are my toys and not my tools, I prefer them to stay in a good condition as long as possible.

My search for an alternative brought to holsters up - the above mentioned holster from Blackhawk and their holster pouch.
Has anyone using the here described tactical holster from Blackhawk noticed any scratches that could come from the holster, maybe the two retaining wings on the body part of the light?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Thorsten

ToNIX

Enlightened
Since this thread from 2008 has already been resurrected in 2010, I am shamelessly bringing it up just once again.

I started EDC'ing my Surefire Z2 just recently, so far mostly in my outer coat pocket. But I feel the need for a holster. I bought a Surefire V70 back in 2008 together with my first 6PL, but it tends to leave marks in the lights. Since my lights are my toys and not my tools, I prefer them to stay in a good condition as long as possible.

My search for an alternative brought to holsters up - the above mentioned holster from Blackhawk and their holster pouch.
Has anyone using the here described tactical holster from Blackhawk noticed any scratches that could come from the holster, maybe the two retaining wings on the body part of the light?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Thorsten

My Malkoff MD2 doesn't show any wear at all from being used with the Mod-U-Lok holster. It's been used for a good 6-7 months as my duty light, so it gets in/out of the holster quite often.

I'll snap some pics of my MD2 if you want after my next shift since the flashlight is at the pd.

ToNIX

Enlightened
Alright! Here are the two pics as requested of my MD2 after being in/out of the Mod-U-Lok holster for a few months.

It's in perfect conditions, no signs of wear on the anodization or the knurling.

The little white spots on the head were not caused by the holster. The other little white spots are mostly dirt that I noticed after taking the pictures.

This is how it sits in the holster :

EDIT : added an image.

Last edited:

Xacto

Enlightened
Hi ToNIX,

thanks for your efforts with taking the pictures. Seems that the next task is to ask my dealer if the Surefire Z2 has a good fit or not with all rubber rings attached, since those are removed in the first picture in this thread on the G2Z.

Cheers and have a safe shift.

Thorsten

Last edited:

egrep

Enlightened
Did it fit? If so, I'll get it for my Z2 also!

edit: ordered w/ the paddle. Can't wait. "No more stuff for a while!"

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it does. I sold my G2Z but I tried it with my Laser Products 6Z. It works but you have to slide the rings forward toward the head. Otherwise the rings interfere with the part that grabs onto the body.

Also my concern for the Mod-u-lock holster is that it was designed around 1" diameter lights. The Z2, is obviously thinner. So be cautious that it will be easier to pull out of the holster and potentially lose it.

dsc1469d.jpg

lightsolo

Newly Enlightened
Just found this tactical flashlight hoster: "HellFighter Cyclops-Quick Detach Belt Light Holder", but don't know much about it. I think its made by Dark Ops. Looks like larger diameter lights can fit it.

Hope this helps,
Lightsolo

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered the Blackhawk Mod-U-Lok holster and am looking forward to having a bezel-down carry holster. While poking around I also found the Brite-Strike Quick Cam Roto-Loc Holster. Has anyone here tried that unit? I like that you can activate and rotate the light into a hands-free use position.

Wilkey

krayman

Newly Enlightened
5.11 tactical had offer same holster with 3 different size, I was wondering they can fit the bigger head light like BC25, XT11...etc.

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
Gee I wonder where 5.11 got the idea for their holster from?

It looks like a bad copy of the Blackhawk version.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my Blackhawk holster and I'm VERY pleased. Super solid USA-made construction. Firm hold on the light, great belt attachment and rock solid angle/cant adjustment. An excellent value at just around $30. My special SF C2 rides in this when on the job now.

Wilkey