Tail Clicky 18650

wiiawiwb

Newly Enlightened
Who makes a tail clicky in 18650? I'm looking for one that has high-medium-low and maybe several within each.

I know I can get an HDS custom in that format. What other companies/models are out there?

Last edited:

LedTed

Enlightened
I had two HDS lights and was sorely disappointed with both experiences. So-much-so, I gave my second one away - with no regret.

In my limited experience, for the same hourglass shape, you can get soo much more (colors, emitters, materials, output, UI) as-well-as on par fit and finish; with a KR4. Consider that the secondary LEDs of the KR4, alone, have more functions than the entire UI of any HDS.

But, get what makes you happy. And, let the group know what you decided.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be helpful if you further specified what other features you are looking for (output, interface, size, special modes, certain physical characteristics like tail standing or crenelated bezels etc.).

If I had to buy a 18650 light with tail-clicky right now, it would probably be a Malkoff MD2 with high-low ring.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Malkoff. And you Can get just about any output and a few different tints.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a budget 18650 tail-clicky, you can't beat the BLF FW03. However, I find it has too many features, and isn't really my favorite light. I think they have the initial quirks ironed out now, but mine was a little buggy when I got it in the group buy. I think the quirks are supposed to be fixed by now.

Oh, it's an electronic tail switch. Personally, I find it too easy to press, but some might like that.

It's a very nice, clean looking light. Not made to the same quality as an HDS, but it's only $50 or less, delivered.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elzetta Bravo body + Standard Bezel + High-Low Tailcap + VME Head Lens and Gasket + Malkoff M61 drop in. The VME lens and gasket / and Malkoff drop in are optional.

Last edited: