• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Techjunkie's Super Lights sale *9 lights* *price reductions*

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
Informative bump...

Here's some stuff I typed up in reply to questions I received about #5, The Bruiser via PM:

Output of the Bruiser with the overdriven 50W bulb is definitely north of 2000 Lm. For lumen output specs on the Osram 64440 bulb in the Bruiser, or the Hikari JC-5033 which I can provide 2 or 3 of, along with other voltage-compatible bulbs, check out Lux Luthor's Destructive Incan Bulb tests thread.

When selecting bulbs to try in this light, keep in mind that battery voltage sags under load, but also that pack voltage when hot off the charger is way higher than a day later. The most practical way to select a bulb to go with your pack is to understand the sag at the target amperage, avoid pushing the bulb to within one row of the "flashed" row on Lux's charts, and rest your cells a day before trying out the combination.

For the battery sag under load, refer to SilverFox's NiMh Battery Shoot Out thread. I'm supplying 20 Titanium PowerMax 1800 with the Bruiser, selected for their very low sag.

A hotdriver could possibly be installed between the switch and the Kiu socket, but the fully assembled AW switch with post assembly could not be substituted for the existing switch, because the existing switch is integral to the "built-in battery carrier" construction necessary to fit 20AA in a 4D. It has been shortened and incorporates the four contacts that directly contact the four stacks of cells.

*Update to everything in this post*: Among the included cells, one or more must have increased internal resistance, as observed by output of various superbulbs and not popping several bulbs that surely should have popped, but did not (see post #1). I don't know how to identify which of the 20 cells are affected. If I am able to identify and replace the bad cells before the light is sold, I will. Otherwise, the light is sold as-is with the cells as they are, and the 20hr 50W 12V bulb installed, being overdriven to an unknown wattage. Other bulbs still included, as mentioned in the post #1.

Last edited:

Techjunkie

Enlightened
Is #3 a cool tinted XML?

:thanks:

Yes, it is. It's not the coldest color temperature, but certainly cooler than the 5000K XMLs that weren't available when I built it.

Sorry, that was vague. The emitter was an XML T6 bin on star purchased from KD. Tint wasn't mentioned at the time. I estimate it to be between 5500K and 6000K. I have other cool white XML that look colder than this one (they're probably ~6500K), but this one certainly is cool, not neutral.

Last edited:

Techjunkie

Enlightened
Re: Techjunkie's Everything Must Go Sale

Just re-opened this sale with reintroduced lights and big reductions in price. Hate to let any of them go, but really need the $$, and unfortunately, not for more lights.

Also, #10 is a new addition to the list. Here's some build photos and side-by-sides with #3:

Techjunkie

Enlightened

Recently sold my POB HID, my Man-o-war 4x XML creation and #7 above and so thought this thread could use a bump. Also, I've reintroduced the lights formerly withdrawn for sale. Additionally, feel free to PM me with an offer on anything you see in my list your lights post (#320), linked in my sig below.

Quest4fire

Enlightened

Bump for some cool lights! Owning one is like having a piece of CPF! I hope they all get a good home TJ. Please say it aint so that you won't be doing any more mods or posting cool stuff. I can't tell you the all the modding inspiration, ideas and confidence I got from reading your posts.

Thanks buddy, Quest

Last edited:

Techjunkie

Enlightened

Bump for some cool lights! Owning one is like having a piece of CPF! I hope they all get a good home TJ. Please say it aint so that you won't be doing any more mods or posting cool stuff. I can't tell you the all the modding inspiration, ideas and confidence I got from reading your posts.

Thanks buddy, Quest

Thanks, Q4F. That's nice of you to say. I think it's safe to say that I've cooled my heels for quite some time on this hobby, and doubt I'll ever be as possessed by it ever again. Somehow, I managed to break the addiction. Burned-out on it is probably more like it.

I've still got all the parts for a 65mm aspheric mod and 2 or 3 7x LED builds in large heads that I concocted and never built that I might someday finally assemble. By then, they'll probably seem like old news though, considering how advances in LEDs make last year's models look like dinosaurs.

So... no promises that what I have to sell, which is to say everything in my "list your lights" post, won't be the last TJ originals to ever be had, but also, don't hold your breath waiting for those final three or any others to materialize either.

Techjunkie

Enlightened

I will take bruiser

Thanks, Joe. It's all packed up. I'll send you the tracking number as soon as I have it. Please be sure to watch the video in post #4 about how to load the cells.

*EDIT*

Tracking number sent by PM. Man, only $36.77 left in my PP acct after fees and shipping. What was I thinking? :laughing:

Last edited: