• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TerminatorVN 4 Charity ;-)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
TerminatorVN 4 Charity ;-)

I got this light and 4 18650 in a giveaway hosted by Doc007! MoldyOldy is the flashlight donor. Dooc007 is the cell donor. I Rarely ever won anything so it was fun :)

This is the VN version to be sold for a charity.
I have not thought of which charity yet and perhaps you guys can help me. :)

Mods:
DriverVNX1 as Demonstrated Here
U3 PDTc on copper & arctic silver
The best beam and tint possible
Very bright and excellent throw
Light will run on 1 cells, 2 cells, 3 cells or 4 cells!
Anode stripped
Sand blasted
Rustic look light polished
New double side AR glass
Dark heat treated bezel if desired

$299/329
Price is high but 100% of your money will go to a meaningful cause.
Free engraving if you want it. Actually, I will engrave anything you want!
Light will of course have my warranty just like everything else

I will also include 4 IMR Efest 2500mAh + Nitecore D4 charger + ShirtVN of your size

Last edited:

livinloud

Newly Enlightened
As a melanoma survivor and since its summer, I say you donate the money to a cancer research place :twothumbs Jimmy Fund, St. Jude, Dana Farber, Moffitt Cancer Center etc......

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife has MS but, cancer drugs have helped her the best so far so, I agree with the guys above. If no one buys this light by Saturday, I will. Just let me know Vinh.

Capolini

Banned
Any charity would be a gift. I will put in a suggestion for Alzheimers research/charity. My friend is dying from it and I found out that they receive a LOT LESS money than other incurable diseases.

For example, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) spends $3 billion a year on research of AIDS, which affects around 1 million people in the U.S. Nearly 5.5 million Americans are believed to have Alzheimer's, yet it receives just under $500 million a year. The government funds more nutrition research than it does Alzheimer's research.

I felt compelled to post these pics. Christopher was my best friend and was killed by a drunk driver. Hal [Chris's Father] is dying from Alzheimers.The Davis's have donated Millions of dollars to the WISTAR INSTITUTE for cancer research.

I have known[and worked for] them since 1980.

Pardon the quality. These are pictures of pictures!

HAROLD MOULTON DAVIS is the only person I ever met and will know who played Golf w/ the President of the UNITED STATES and also met the POPE!

CHRIS AND HAL- 1990

Italia-2008-09027_zpsb4c1193f.jpg

HAL[FAR RIGHT] AND PRESIDENT BUSH-1991

Italia-2008-09%20030_zps4exdq5js.jpg

HAL AND THE POPE WITH MRS. DAVIS SNEERING IN THE BACKROUND!

Italia-2008-09%20017_zpsqfdxqdz4.jpg

Last edited:

Luxion

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Capolini for sharing this and those research spending stats. Talk about an eye opener!!! The older I get the more I hear and learn about Alzheimer's and I know 2 people that have a family member suffering with it now. One of the men that has it is only 65 and when his wife comes in our business and he is with her he stays in the car and she constantly looks outside because she is afraid he will get out of the car and start walking.

Capolini

Banned
^^^^ There are so many terrible diseases out there.

That happened to me. I went inside a deli to pick up my lunch and left Hal in the Car. 5 minutes later I came out and he was gone! Luckily he was talking to some pretty ladies and they kept him safe until I came out! Needless to say I NEVER did that again!

It would not be right to say which is worse than the other.There are people in their 50's who get it. I am 55! MOST if not ALL of us will know a friend or have a family member that gets this disease and it is progressing as far as the numbers of people who have and will get it.

I worked w/ HAL in the 1980's and most recently for Four years. This was from 2010 to 2014,,in the midst of this insidious disease. I was his chauffeur, friend and care taker.To see him struggle with words, forget his Grand children, not recognize friends and the TOLL it takes on the family is very heart breaking.

It is NOT a selective disease. Does not matter what Ethnic back round, how rich or smart you are,it robs your dignity and ability for self preservation.

To end it, Hal was an electrical engineer who made Millions of dollars in Real Estate Development and also donated several million dollars For cancer research. So Hal met the President and the Pope and his father met Albert Einstein! Hals Father, HAROLD THAYER DAVIS was a math professor who had Einstein speak at his University! Harold was instrumental in his contributions to the DEVELOPMENT OF "ECONOMETRICS". He wrote over 50 books,,,many of them pertaining to "ECONOMETRICS".

There is a picture frame in the Davis's library with a picture of Einstein[ Dated 8.15.1931] along with a letter written in German thanking Harold and the University for letting him speak there!

THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE MY MEMORIES OF THE DAVIS FAMILY.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
My grandmother died from complications due to Alzheimers dementia, and my grandfather has also unfortunately been diagnosed with it. Though the progression for him has been slow, and now, almost 15 years later, he is still mostly independent, and almost fully able to manage things on his own.

It's a horrifying disease, one that scares me in some ways more than others because it completely and thoroughly changes people.

Progress is being made though, and research that goes into Alzheimers is very often related to research into other neurological conditions.

Can't go wrong with a donation to cancer research either. I'm always dismayed when people say there is no cure for cancer. No, sadly there isn't because there are so many different types of cancer. With advances in treating cardiac issues, cancer will likely be the top disease killer soon.

Thank you Vinh for doing this.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
OK so I got a chance to really used the light outdoor yesterday. Its very very nice! Heatsink excellent and I think its super hansome now :)

V54_Fan

Newly Enlightened
This is a light I'd love to see you mod more of, The v2 T70 Terminator is an awesome light

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Would it help if I drop the price $50?

100% will go to any charity you guys pick :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have been away at a youth convention the last several days. Really revived me spiritually. It was one of the best experience I ever had. I was reminded how fortunate I am and I should share more as I have so much.

That said I would like to additionally include a LD02vn with XPG2 5000K + DriverVN2 and diffused lens for free with this TerminatorVN purchase. This is a very bright and useful true EDC!

Really trying to move this light so we can move the funds to people in need. To sum it up:

I will include 4 IMR Efest 2500mAh + Nitecore D4 charger + ShirtVN of your size + LD02vn all for free with this purchase!

The TerminatorVN is really a nice light. Anyhow, If this light will not sell in 24 hours. I will just keep this light for myself and substitute another package deal for Charity! ;-)

Thank All!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife has MS but, cancer drugs have helped her the best so far so, I agree with the guys above. If no one buys this light by Saturday, I will. Just let me know Vinh.

Vinh, did you contact him? Maybe he isn't subscribed to the thread...but that offer seems pretty clear.

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Vinh. I wasn't subscribed to this thread, thedoc007 got in touch with me and made me aware that the light hasn't sold. I did email you last week but, now I know you've been gone. I see you even added another light to it. Consider it SOLD :) PM incoming for details of payment. My shirt size is Medium ;)

Last edited: