Test/Review of Fenix 18650 ARB-L2 2600mAh (Black)

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have any plans for it.
My queue of 2800mAh+ batteries are empty (You can see my lap setup here) and I was planning to get a few unprotected brand name (LG, Samsung etc.) cells to test, I am missing some of them.
After that I do not have any plans for that test station and Fenix is a possibility.

Alright, no problem. Thanks for all your efforts! Really appreciate it!

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened
Hi
I am running some output/runtime test on a
light, running a single 18650. And I must say that I am well impressed withe the Fenix 2600, in my test, it outperform AW2600, INT 3100 (advertised as Panasonic cell), PluzPower 3400 (supposedly Keepower cells).
As anyone tried the Fenix 3400 and is it as good as their 2600?

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hi
I am running some output/runtime test on a new bike light, running either a single 18650. And I must say that I am well impressed withe the Fenix 2600, in my test, it outperform AW2600, INT 3100 (advertised as Panasonic cell), PluzPower 3400 (supposedly Keepower cells).
As anyone tried the Fenix 3400 and is it as good as their 2600?[/QUTE]

2600mAh batteries has higher voltage than 2900/3100/3400mAh batteries, in many single cell lights this is an advantage. This has nothing with brands to do, but depends on the chemicals inside the battery (High capacity batteries uses other chemicals than lower capacities).

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened
Hi
I am running some output/runtime test on a new bike light, running either a single 18650. And I must say that I am well impressed withe the Fenix 2600, in my test, it outperform AW2600, INT 3100 (advertised as Panasonic cell), PluzPower 3400 (supposedly Keepower cells).
As anyone tried the Fenix 3400 and is it as good as their 2600?[/QUTE]

2600mAh batteries has higher voltage than 2900/3100/3400mAh batteries, in many single cell lights this is an advantage. This has nothing with brands to do, but depends on the chemicals inside the battery (High capacity batteries uses other chemicals than lower capacities).

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this, but in the past I always have had better result with higher capacity batteries, obviously the result also did vary according to brand of batteries, and I kind of believed this was the reason why manufacturers keep bring higher capacity batteries. All the batteries are charged to 4.2v before start of test. Are you saying that 2600 batteries (if of good quality) are better suited to high drain lights?
And what is the advantage of using higher capacity batteries?
What application are the higher capacity better suited for? Maybe lower drain for longer?
I would like to understand a little more about your reply, thanks

HKJ

Flashaholic
Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this, but in the past I always have had better result with higher capacity batteries, obviously the result also did vary according to brand of batteries, and I kind of believed this was the reason why manufacturers keep bring higher capacity batteries. All the batteries are charged to 4.2v before start of test. Are you saying that 2600 batteries (if of good quality) are better suited to high drain lights?
And what is the advantage of using higher capacity batteries?
What application are the higher capacity better suited for? Maybe lower drain for longer?
I would like to understand a little more about your reply, thanks

Higher capacity batteries has higher capacity, but not necessary as high voltage.
If you use my battery comparator you can fairly easy see it: http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php
Checkmark one current, say 2A, and select a 2600 and a 3100 battery.

The 2600 curve has higher voltage, but is shorter due to the lower capacity.

What is best for a specific application depends on the minimum working voltage, i.e. anything that works perfectly at 3 volt get the best result from the high capacity cell, but something that need 3.5 volt will work better with the low capacity cell.

A single cell high drain light will often work best with as much voltage as it can get, some people uses 4.35 volt cells for that.

tango44

Enlightened
Sorry it's out of topic but do you know why did Fenix discontinued the FENIX ARB L2 3200 (18650, 3200mAh) ???
Any concerns or danger with it?
Thank you.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast