Test/Review of Keeppower 14500 800mAh (Black)

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am considering getting the AW 14500 IMR (600mAh) too especially for my Eagletac D25A Ti(2014) but am somewhat uncertain due to lack of protection and lower capacity. Afraid of over-discharging it. Also looking at AW 14500 (750mAh) protected due to shorter length compared to Keeppower.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am considering getting the AW 14500 IMR (600mAh) too especially for my Eagletac D25A Ti(2014) but am somewhat uncertain due to lack of protection and lower capacity. Afraid of over-discharging it. Also looking at AW 14500 (750mAh) protected due to shorter length compared to Keeppower.

Does the Eagletac D25A have low voltage protection? If so, you don't need protected batteries. Also, if it isn't, you might just want to become more comfortable with using unprotected batteries since there are clearly length issues here.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the Eagletac D25A have low voltage protection? If so, you don't need protected batteries. Also, if it isn't, you might just want to become more comfortable with using unprotected batteries since there are clearly length issues here.

It seems the cell has contact issues. If I press both ends hard using my Rolson battery tester (for AA/AAA) there is a reading otherwise none.

Unfortunately the Eagletac D25A does not have built-in low voltage protection unlike the Zebralight SC52. Will probably just get both and test them out.

Last edited:

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems the cell has contact issues. If I press both ends hard using my Rolson battery tester (for AA/AAA) there is a reading otherwise none.

Unfortunately the Eagletac D25A does not have built-in low voltage protection unlike the Zebralight SC52. Will probably just get both and test them out.

The behavior you describe is consistent with damage due to excessive physical pressure. Many lights have the positive terminal on the battery maming direct contact with a circuit board. If excessive pressure is placed on the circuit board, the board can become cracked or otherwise damaged. And sometimes, pressure can bring broken parts together, re-establishing contact. I would look further, however.

meteoritedude

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again for you hard work. I saw these batteries but was skeptical of mah rating. Looks like a decent battery. Protected output of 3 amps. Nice. My app needs a couple of these in parallel config due to space constraints and wanted to avoid lipo packs.