The Beast

Kiessling

Flashaholic
sorry man, just couldn't resist ...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
bernhard

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can I find out more about the Hellfire? Is it sold to the public or just the military?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Not sold buy SureFire to anyone as far as I know. the HellFire was a NiCad battery body that was HUGE

Beasts from what I can get are a generic term of SureFire's experiments with Handheld HID flashlights based around several types of HID bulb and even more ballasts. The battery bodies range in size and chemistry too.

There is no more HellFire and there hasn't been since SHOT 2002. (at least that's the impression I get)

Al

BLU3_SHOCK

Newly Enlightened
i would want one in HA black or the gun meatel +purrs like a kitten+ how do you think it compares to the photon king and does that mean if you join the millitary then you get to use one.

K-T

*Moderator*
[ QUOTE ]
BLU3_SHOCK said:
i would want one in HA black or the gun meatel +purrs like a kitten+ how do you think it compares to the photon king and does that mean if you join the millitary then you get to use one.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Beast and the PhotonKing are two different kind of lights with 100% different technology behind it. While the Photon King is a one-of-a-kind and not an official SureFire product using solid state lightening with a special reflector the "Beast" uses a HID lamp with a special ballast to provide enough juice for starting that lamp. Thus the characteristics of both lights are very different. Whatever lumenreading the PhotonKing has, it would not be interesting when seeing the Beast, nevertheless for its size it is a hell lot of light. Remember that I have never handled the PhotonKing and only tried out the Beast for a couple of minutes!
Regarding your "joining the military", I guess this is not standard equipment to any soldier so "just joining" might not be enough.

Klaus. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

BLU3_SHOCK

Newly Enlightened
ok thanks i just realised that 5 mins after i posted because 5 mins after i posted this the pk uses an x bin luxeon star and that the beast uses a hid thanks for informing me

Latest posts