The brightest light I now own is....

Viper

Newly Enlightened
... A Tigerlight. (8" version)

I came in the mail yesterday, and I didn't get to open it until around 7PM, which is already dark in Michigan. Right out of the box, without charging, I lit up a house at the far end of my block, which I have never been able to do before.

My neighbor was out getting his mail, when I took the opportunity to light up his path. From about 50' away it was so bright, he had to turn his head to the side an use his hand as a shield.

The cradle is somewhat ackward, and you relly have muscle it in the 2 claws to get it to charge, but it might be easier once mounted to the wall. Taking it out is fairly easy.

Like others said, there is no "charge complete" indicator which is another thing I would have liked to see.

I don't have an ultrastinger to compare it to, but it did not hold a candle to my 6P with P61 Lamp assembly, or my 3D Maglite.

I would easily reccomend it to others, my neighbor already asked me where I got it, and how to get one.

I verified it does NOT fit in the glove box of the Dodge Viper, only a 6P fits in there.

Viper

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Woah, congrates on your new purchase.

Can't do much for friendly neighbour relations if you keep shining his pathway only to blind him.
wink.gif

SuRgE

Enlightened
Viper,

Hows the diameter feel? I am interested in the Tiger but I have average size grip and a typical d mag light feels about perfect. I'm concerned that I would not be able to hold the Tiger tightly.

I read a few people complaining about this but I still love the specs of this new torch.

Viper

Newly Enlightened
The diameter is only slight larger than a 3D Cell Mag light.

As a matter of fact, the tigerlight fits into Maglite "wall clips" where my 3D Mag resides now. I don't notice that much of a difference.

Viper

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tom,

Try Tactical Warehouse

Dan (the owner) is a member of CPF & due to his high level of customer service, there has been a lot of good feedback by happy customers on this board (see "Cheers & Jeers" forum)

Here is a direct link to the TigerLight Page

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Cool. Where could I find info on the different types of spray? Mostly, I'm looking to see if any are available as 5%.

SuRgE

Enlightened
Tom,

Get the foxlab 5mil shu spray. Tried it myself! Won;t ever do that again. The stuff is very hot. Nothing out there better, IMHO.

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened
Albany Tom- TigerLight has many brands of OC. We have a 5% formula made by body Guard (Armor Holdings) and Fox Labs makes a 2% that is smoking, from what I hear. Chaeck you states guidlines for restrictions.

SuRgE

Enlightened
Just ordered mine from Tactical warehouse. I was told by Dan that I will be getting the New reflector version. Yippie! Can't wait!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Does anyone know what is thie difference between the new and old reflectors? I hope there is no compromise in the "throw distance"... I just ordered one and will be receiving the "new" version...

agent8698

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Viper:

I don't have an ultrastinger to compare it to, but it did not hold a candle to my 6P with P61 Lamp assembly, or my 3D Maglite.

Viper
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think you meant to say that the 6P and the Maglite don't hold a candle to the TigerLight?
smile.gif

FNG

Enlightened
The brightest light I now own is....

Mag 2C modded to fit 3*123 batteries with KPR112 bulb. Ill have to wait until Monday to order a potted 808 bulb from Carley to add another 123 battery in. On a side note, I also bought a HPR50 bulb to use with the 3 123's. I was hoping to get at least a minute of really really really bright light but it blew when turning it on. On used batteries, though, it lit up really good.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire M6, Tigerlight, Surefire 10XD. The tigerlight has a smaller and brighter spot but man the M6 beam with 250lu and 500lu is a pleasure to behold. The side spill is the same size on the M6 and the TL but the M6's is brighter and smoother. Overall light output is highest in the 10XD followed by M6 followed by TL. The 10XD sidespill boundary is not a nice clean circle like the M6 but it is still quite bright and impressive. I love the 10XD's two stage tail button as well as its two stage twist on action.

I don't own an Ultra Stinger yet
frown.gif
. I am waiting for Surefire to make available an HID light that does not weigh a ton. A 10W M6-HID would be a pleasure to play with (smooth reflector would be delightful with 1mm arcs).

Cheers.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My brightest is probably the Light Cannon 100 HID (450lu). But it's taped to one of my wheelchairs as a "headlight" rather than used as a flashlight.

I have - or HAD
frown.gif
a SureFire M3 but I think the cleaners made off with it while I was away. With HOLA installed, that should have made it my brightest handheld flashlight. Nowadays, the brightest thing I have which is readily accessible is my SureFire Nitrolon CPF-50 (special edition) G2.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
My brightest that I own now is my X990... As for sheer lumens power, I find it quite hard to be beaten by anything else, even my Optronics 2MCP... Next would be the MaxaBeam, followed by the Optronics. Of course, these guys aren't exactly "flashlights" in that sense... But heck, I use them as regular daily flashlights anyways (especially the X990)... As far as a pure flashlight goes, my brightest is definately the 10X Dominator or M6 (interchangeable)...